New here... looking to buy!

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Siy

Post by Siy »

Hi - I have made the decision to buy an F Type - loved them since they came out, but have always been more Porsche/Ferrari....

Anyway, decided that I want to try to do a bunch of euro tours this year, and fancy an F Type to do them in (consumables much cheaper than my Italian steed!)

So - have put my California up for sale, and am starting my search for an earlyish V8 or V6s convertible - looking between £30-45k depending on spec, but ideally around £35ish....

Just been browsing the site and there seems to be an absolute wealth of knowledge, so look forward to participating going forward....
F-Type V8S Convertible, H&R Performance Springs dropping 30mm, 15mm Spacers and plenty of carbon! :)

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Hi and welcome.
Checks available - viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3805&p=37273&hilit=PNC#p37264
Happy hunting.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Hi Siy, and welcome!

In my opinion touring Europe is what the convertible was made for! 8-)

We toured for 10 days going down through France, over the Swiss Alps, and into Tuscany and it was brilliant.

With careful packing and soft bags it was fine for two of us - hang what you can on the hooks behind the seats, all in one garment bag to protect from dust / showers, and all is dandy. I set each journey leg in turn as a numbered favourite in the sat-nav to make things easy. The first one took us just south of Luzern, so was a long day's drive, but the Performance seats were great, even for me with my sometimes fragile back.

We'll want to see photos of your car, and then the jealousy ones of your tour of Europe too! :D
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
NAC63

Post by NAC63 »

Hi Siy , I am currently looking to sell my 14 plate V8S convertible with almost every extra possible including lots of carbon, PM me if you are interested. Thanks. Neil.
2014 V8S Convertible in black all the extras plus lots of carbon bits.
H&R lowering springs
Eibach 15mm wheel spacers
scm

Post by scm »

NAC63 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:39 pm PM me if you are interested. Thanks. Neil.
You might have to PM him until he's made the requisite number of posts ... ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
NAC63

Post by NAC63 »

Cheers scm
2014 V8S Convertible in black all the extras plus lots of carbon bits.
H&R lowering springs
Eibach 15mm wheel spacers
RRB

Post by RRB »

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4131#p40043

Here is my (very) limited edition 400Sport Convertible advertised on Autotrader but cut and paste the address above will take you to the topic on here....make me an offer !!
2017 Black 400s convertible :D
Siy

Post by Siy »

wow - what a welcome... and great to see a few available cars as well...
Thanks all... will take a look
F-Type V8S Convertible, H&R Performance Springs dropping 30mm, 15mm Spacers and plenty of carbon! :)
Siy

Post by Siy »

Neil - dont have access to reply to your pm... perhaps drop me a line at *****(if thats allowed ? - dont want to break the rules already!!)
Last edited by PhilB on Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: E-Mail address removed after contact made
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

If you are doing European trips, get a set of the 5 piece luggage sets, they do all fit in the convertible boot👍
I paid £100 off Ebay for a set, of which only one case had been used once, the rest was brand new.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel