Jaguar Neutered My Exhaust!

Anything F-Type related......
scm

Post by scm »

I suspect they do it because they can get Jaguar to pay them for it, money for nothing. Apart from annoying their customers, of course.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

Ftypeharv

Post by Ftypeharv »

I’ve had similar, car went in for some work and came back and the exhaust is quiet in dynamic mode, no pops or crackles any more. Thought it was me going mad.

This is on a MY16 V8 R
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Next month my car is being pullied, remapped & 200 Cell catted. Shortly after that its due MOT/service. In light of this I spoke to Jaguar service advisor about software updates, more specifically, I do not want any.

Firstly he checked my car & said there were no updates outstanding. Think it would be wise for those using main dealers to ask this when booking in. Secondly you can request that only mechanical work is carried out on your car. This came from the service advisor who stated he has/would make a note on my records when I book in.

I’m certain that a specific, written request for no software updates will be honoured? If they couldn’t, I’d take my car to an independent. Surely Jaguar cannot do anything to your car if you’ve asked them not to?
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
ml276

Post by ml276 »

is there a way to check if this has already been done to your car in the past?
MY16 V6S Coupe Corris Grey
Siy

Post by Siy »

ml276 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:20 pm is there a way to check if this has already been done to your car in the past?
This ^^
F-Type V8S Convertible, H&R Performance Springs dropping 30mm, 15mm Spacers and plenty of carbon! :)
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

You can't rely on service people following written instructions not to do something. I always specifically request not to wash the car, but it has been done twice on my other car. A big notice inside seems to help. It would be a shame to have your car quietened by mistake so locks and/or notices seem worthwhile.
My indie told me there should be an update but suggested to ignore it because of potential quieting. He wasn't sure.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
Tel

Post by Tel »

There's only one way to ensure YOUR car is not modified without your consent:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-ty ... sm-216343/

Works for me at dealers... I do approach the subject with tact and diplomacy which seems to work.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
johnsoncp

Post by johnsoncp »

I have a P300 and it was always my intention to replace this with a V8 primarily for the exhaust sound but given that the EU and Jaguar have now calmed it down to a purr I may as well keep the 2 litre and save myself some money.

I’m not sure how much of the exhaust sound I hear in the car comes from the exhaust and how much from the speakers but it sounds pretty good. I’ve never managed to get any crackles though.

Let’s hope they don’t try and make that even quieter. My daughters Fiat 500 sounds better from the outside.
2019 White P300 Coupe
stadidas

Post by stadidas »

ml276 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:20 pm is there a way to check if this has already been done to your car in the past?
I'm not sure; all I can tell you is that my software version is now 19C_19.46.4-458817
400 Sport AWD Coupé, Santorini Black.
stadidas

Post by stadidas »

Doing some more research, I came across a thread on jaguarforums.com, which appears to be broken but you can still view a slightly knackered cached version here: https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/ ... clnk&gl=uk

The thread is about an earlier software update that apparently caused similar exhaust issues. People commented with things like this:

"I havent had a chance to drive it much after the issues and software update. The car is slowly starting to sound a little better. Now I can consistently get pops when manually shifting up from 2nd to 3rd at a higher RPM, but it still sounds tamer to my ear than before. It seems like the car is learning, I just need to drive it more and more aggressively to get back to where it was."

"Supposedly these cars learn your driving style and adjust shift points and other performance quirks accordingly."

"I suspect that a car driven harder than average before service might feel weaker and quieter after service."

Is there any truth in this? My system lost all of its settings and saved places etc after the update, so is it true that it has simply reset and just needs to "learn" my driving style? I have to be honest, this is the first I've read of F-Types learning and adapting to how you drive.
400 Sport AWD Coupé, Santorini Black.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post