Car ordered

Jaguar F-Type Order Forum
PaulWildsmith

Post by PaulWildsmith »

ah

At least your dealer probably actually has your car already!
Married to a F Type owner (P300 2021 model)

Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Haha, I hope so! Also hoping it hasn’t been sat outside in floodwater!
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

Reading back in this thread about the dipping passenger door mirror. Mine remembers the dip setting - adjust it while in reverse.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
scm

Post by scm »

Jaguandy wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:59 pm Reading back in this thread about the dipping passenger door mirror. Mine remembers the dip setting - adjust it while in reverse.
What year is your car - I think the early ones remembered. My MY18 doesn't and the manual reinforces that.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

My MY18 remembers dip position in reverse. Place into reverse, adjust and press M on memory seats to save. It is in MY18 online manual.
Presumably you need power mirrors and memory seats for it to work.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
scm

Post by scm »

simpleR wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:00 pm My MY18 remembers dip position in reverse. Place into reverse, adjust and press M on memory seats to save. It is in MY18 online manual.
So you're not saving it into a seat memory? I'll give that a go. No mention of that in my printed MY18 manual which explicity states you can't save it (car built 25 March 2017).
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

scm wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:00 pm
Jaguandy wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:59 pm Reading back in this thread about the dipping passenger door mirror. Mine remembers the dip setting - adjust it while in reverse.
What year is your car - I think the early ones remembered. My MY18 doesn't and the manual reinforces that.
It's MY 2016
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
scm

Post by scm »

simpleR wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:00 pm My MY18 remembers dip position in reverse. Place into reverse, adjust and press M on memory seats to save. It is in MY18 online manual.
Finally got round to trying it and ... it doesn't work in mine. Always dips to the stupidly very low position - so it's not much use for me. The dipping mirror in my previous XKR was perfect - shame they screwed it up on the F-Type, it does so many other things better.
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

scm wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:30 pm
Finally got round to trying it and ... it doesn't work in mine. Always dips to the stupidly very low position - so it's not much use for me. The dipping mirror in my previous XKR was perfect - shame they screwed it up on the F-Type, it does so many other things better.
The manual for my MY20 says the dip position can be saved but you need to press M then your seat position number whilst in reverse.

I’ll let you know when I get it!
scm

Post by scm »

GusA wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:20 am The manual for my MY20 says the dip position can be saved but you need to press M then your seat position number whilst in reverse.
Yeah, did that - no luck. Jaguar obviously listened to user feedback (eventually) and fixed it. :?