Some poor soul lost his FType

Anything F-Type related......
Lutondave

Post by Lutondave »

Wow a proper demolition.
Hope the owners property is ok and the insurance play fair.
V6 S convertible 2013 black with silver trim and silver cyclones
V8 AWD convertible 2016 glacier white, black trim, black bonnet vents, black badges and black cyclones

Northnoble

Post by Northnoble »

Always wondered...is that car insurance or house insurance for the claim?

My understanding (probably wrong) is you are not covered for damage on private property, under most car insurances as there is nobody to claim against.
Jaguar F-Type 5.0s Convertible - Italian Racing Red, Gloss black wheels and trim
Porsche Macan S
Ariel Atom 3 300
scm

Post by scm »

Northnoble wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:25 pm My understanding (probably wrong) is you are not covered for damage on private property, under most car insurances as there is nobody to claim against.
That would mean you couldn't claim on a public road if no-one else was involved (e.g. falling off the road into a wall), as who would you claim against? Fully comp insurance should cover damage to the car anywhere, regardless of how caused (I'm assuming no insurance fraud involved).
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

With our Volvo, we had a bolt fly off something and it found it's way through the grill, air con condenser and Radiator, managed to claim that lot on insurance with no other party involved...
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
Northnoble

Post by Northnoble »

scm wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:45 am
Northnoble wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:25 pm My understanding (probably wrong) is you are not covered for damage on private property, under most car insurances as there is nobody to claim against.
That would mean you couldn't claim on a public road if no-one else was involved (e.g. falling off the road into a wall), as who would you claim against? Fully comp insurance should cover damage to the car anywhere, regardless of how caused (I'm assuming no insurance fraud involved).
The clue as in my post......private property....not a public road! For example, you are not insured in a public car park for claiming against others!!....thus all the liability signs
Jaguar F-Type 5.0s Convertible - Italian Racing Red, Gloss black wheels and trim
Porsche Macan S
Ariel Atom 3 300
chicb

Post by chicb »

Your wrong. My Mercedes was in the garage & a ladder fell against it damaging the wing (private property), no problem with insurance paying out
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S
scm

Post by scm »

I think we're arguing at crossed purposes - no issue with claiming on your own insurance, but not against third parties on private property. That said, some years ago my neighbour damaged my car while it was parked on our shared drive and his house insurance paid up.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post