V6 service & MOT cost

Anything F-Type related......
NAC63

Post by NAC63 »

Glaf wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:50 pm
JurassicF wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:06 am That presumably includes plugs.
Did you confirm that they are changeable at 5 years not six?

Yes, that price included the plugs.

The schedule states 5 years or 80,000 miles for the V6, whichever comes soonest,

Must have changed spark plug interval for later models then

01-D17014-1976-4474-B6-BE-0854-B833-BFD1-1.png

2014 V8S Convertible in black all the extras plus lots of carbon bits.
H&R lowering springs
Eibach 15mm wheel spacers

Glaf

Post by Glaf »

NAC63 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:04 pm

The schedule states 5 years or 80,000 miles for the V6, whichever comes soonest,

322502EF-A7C7-48D0-BBB3-2970F19AD1E1.png

V6 Coupe, 2015, white with black pack, panoramic roof, 20" black Cylones, red callipers. 8-)
TVR Griffith 4.3, 1992, owned for 5 wonderful years.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Looks like it’s changed then - worth making sure you check that’s it’s done and don’t fall through the cracks.

The 72 month schedule showing the change is: JLR 18 16_10_1E_1 v1 [i7]
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

NAC63 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:04 pm

Hmmm!
Mine weren't changed at 3 years but MY16🤔.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello

Just had my 3 year old F Type service today and the cost was including its 1st MOT was £531.63

Also would you believe a car only with 4089 miles failed the MOT !!! also they tried to update 251 intouch pro but it refused to let them as there is a new version coming out soon ?

all the best
scm

Post by scm »

My 3 year service and MOT in mid-March cost £320.33 at my trusted independent. And it passed the MOT. ;)
What did yours fail on?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 1088

Sorry forgot to mention what the failure was .. on the MOT it says Repair immediately (major defect)
which was - Headlamp aim to low Nearside .. so looks like they adjusted the headlight assembly and the re test passed, probably came out the factory like that, which you would of hoped was checked thoroughly .. but then my tyre pressures were all over the place.

Does make you wonder with all these cars with Illegal retrofit LED lights with the wrong beam pattern dazzling us all .. must be having MOT issues but then I suppose they just change them before the MOT TEST ... any way picked the car up nice and valeted and rained all the way home, but at least it got a little run
regards
scm

Post by scm »

My take on it is that if it's been serviced and fails the MOT the service wasn't done properly. You're paying experts to make sure the car is fit for purpose.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 1088

Fair point SCM

I have always been to the main dealer mainly to give no excuses about the warranty etc - even when the oil is changed I insist that the drain plug is used and not just sucked out.. and when they send me the video clip to my mobile phone I can see the oil draining out etc .. the rear diff all included in the service movie clip
At least you have some info to feel some confidence in the dealer, but unless you stand over them all of the time how would you know, plus these days with no dip stick you cant even check the oil colour like the old days .. saying that our Evoque has a oil dip stick but is a totally different engine

Also I done some research plus phoned the dealer and when you check the service schedules there is no mention of headlight alignment - the check sheet is a bit generic as just says check that all lights work, and if you look deeper again no mention of alignment even though you would expect this to be included.

but at least it was picked up and addressed also I have pinged a email to Jaguar to clarify if this should be included in the service ? will let you know what reply I get

regards
badger

Post by badger »

kaspa wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 6:31 pm
At least you have some info to feel some confidence in the dealer, but unless you stand over them all of the time how would you know, plus these days with no dip stick you cant even check the oil colour like the old days .. saying that our Evoque has a oil dip stick but is a totally different engine

regards
the same with the spark plugs how would you know if they were replaced? you cant see them, you just have to trust they were done.
2015 polaris white s.
panoramic roof, black design pack, climate pack, parking pack ,heated performance seats, red belts, flat bottom steering wheel, 20'' tornado wheels, powered tailgate, black badges. (now sold)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post