Hi Everyone

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Some correction and gTechniq Coatings applied

Exo Front 3.JPG

On Jack.JPG

MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.

RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Philskill wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:29 pm First thing I found was my High reach trolley jack for the Evoque does not go under the front, any recommendations on a low trolley jack.

Before jacking my car up I drive it onto solid wooden ramps. This gives an extra 70mm ground clearance and the trolley jack easily fits underneath the jacking points.

I acquired two unwanted blocks of wood and had them cut to size at my local woodworking shop for £5 (see photos inc dimensions).

You could even use a small section of scaffolding plank with a 45 degree slope cut into the end of it. That would probably be sufficient to raise your car enough to get the jack underneath (scaffolding plank has a thickness of approx 38mm).

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.jpg

2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Thanks RPSN did look around for some wood in the garage, but didnt have anything suitable, may make something up, or did see a low reach trolley Jack in Halfords for £50. Trouble is Jack's arent the easiest things to store.
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Philskill wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 11:20 pm Thanks RPSN did look around for some wood in the garage, but didnt have anything suitable, may make something up

Easy enough to do and will save buying a new trolley jack.

Nice set-up you have there and a good job done on the gTechniq Coatings and rear calipers 👍
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Thanks, Yes I went a bit OTT on the garage, but it was the reason I was persuaded to move! ;)

Really worthwhile though, I love it now!

I met Rob and team from gTechniq, on one of their open days, really impressed with their products and ethos

Cupboards.jpg

RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Awesome garage and It's even got one of my initials on the floor!..........I think it's time for me to move ;)

The gTechniq products you use look really good. I use Autoglym Rapid Aqua Wax and I find this also gives the car a good shine and it beads water (off a duck's back) for ages.
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

Lovely garage Phil 👍
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Lovely garage setup, room for a 2 post lift as well..... ;)
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Thanks guys, believe it or not I did look at a 2 post... but thought it was a bit too much! but never say never.
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

I used gTechniq Crystal Seum Light in the panels that I corrected, (left rear and Roof) then the whole car got Exo.

I have a new tub of Aqua Wax, came with the lifeshine that the dealer put on , and I had to remove on the panels they didn't do a great job of.

Had I known lockdown was coming would have done the whole thing...