Waterpump and some hoses replaced.

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Arne

Post by Arne »

On my last service a (very) minor leak in the waterpump was found. Got it replaced yesterday, and some hoses were also replaced (more as a precaution according to the service-tech). Did not cost me anything extra, as this was covered on my engine/drivetrain insurance. Happy to have it done, as I think they have done some modification to the waterpump and maybe also some of the hoses after my MY15 was made.
I have not gotten any papers on the work yet, so I don't know which hoses was replaced, but the tech. sendt me these pictures:

received_3096908207027146.jpeg

received_237291920925415.jpeg

received_262123741825188.jpeg

received_2912625818836564.jpeg

F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8

Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello

Very informative .. many thanks for taking the time to post the pictures. So it looks like as long as you have a competent mechanical technician the job should be straight forward enough. Looks like lots of bits and pieces need to be removed just to get at the hoses and pipes that need changing

regards
Arne

Post by Arne »

I was told by the tech. that it was a rather tricky job, as it is tight and difficult to get access. He is a very competent and experienced JLR tech. though, and has been working on Jaguars and Aston Martins for many years.

And he is the only person so far that has done all the servicing and repairs on my F-type since it was new ๐Ÿ˜‰
Deleted User 1088

Hello Arne

At least this will give you piece of mind for the quality repairs .. just out of interest is the tech a main dealer or independent, as always good to know of competent people we can trust for repairs and servicing or potential mods .. as I have some planned for mine
Arne

Post by Arne »

He works for Norways main JLR dealer / workshop, and have done so for many years.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Ooh, that'll be a nice road trip for you once lockdown finishes Kaspa :D
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Arne

Post by Arne »

๐Ÿ˜„

Luckily we don't have a lockdown in Norway, and are allowed to drive within our boarders. My wife and I are planning for a two weeks drive along the west coast starting around 1. June (in the F-type).
Might easily end up being a 2.000+ miles trip in beautifull nature. Let's just hope the F-type performes well ๐Ÿ˜‰
Deleted User 1088

well .. good idea
as I suppose I should get my completed miles above 5000 at least for this year :lol: :roll:

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post