Genuine Rear Gloss Black Leaper and Jaguar Lettering available?

Anything F-Type related......
scz4

Post by scz4 »

Morning all,

So I was "building" a new F-type on the Jag website just for fun and noticed that the rear Leaper and Jaguar lettering are now in gloss black.

So called my local Jag dealer and they weren't able to find it on the system. Does anyone know the part number?

I've already removed the lettering, but would like it back as it looks too bare, but much rather have gloss black. Is the leaper just stuck on, or is there a pin hole underneath?

Graeme

Chrissyg

Post by Chrissyg »

It's just stuck on - no pin hole.
20MY D240 RR Velar - Firenze Red
200tdi Defender 90
Ex-MOD SWB Series III Land Rover
Tel

Post by Tel »

FWIW - It's most probably easier to send them off to be Hydrodipped Piano Black and buy an original OEM set on Ebay as a standby if you ever want to put it back to stock.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
rayfgd

Post by rayfgd »

Hi

I have just changed my rear badges to gloss black.

"F Type" and "leaper" and " jaguar" i bought from a company called www.blackbadges

"R" badge was purchased from british parts sales@britishparts.co.uk think part no T2R53738 but check

did the changeover myself, you just have to be a little patient.

hope this helps

Ray
scz4

Post by scz4 »

rayfgd wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:21 pm Hi

I have just changed my rear badges to gloss black.

"F Type" and "leaper" and " jaguar" i bought from a company called www.blackbadges
Hi Ray,

Did you have to email them? The only have a F-Pace chrome badge and red Jaguar front grill badge on their site.
rayfgd

Post by rayfgd »

I found that i had to email them (black badges that is)

It was the "R" badge that was the most difficult to find - just couldn't get an OEM anywhere until i came across

customerservice@britishparts.co.uk i also bought OEM wiper blades off them at at the same time as well.

i would also try british parts (go on their website) for the leaper and jaguar letters also f type they may well have them.

customer service was great, just phone sales.

need any help with getting badges off loads of advice on u tube or give me an email

cheers

Ray
em2evol

Post by em2evol »

I got mine from the dealers - the part nos. are: T2R46540 and T2R46258.
2016 Firesand V6 340
Myer

Post by Myer »

Both the black versions of the R badge and the F-Type script are available from stock however the Jaguar leaper and the Jaguar lettering, which come as a package are a restricted part! It doesn't make sense if you are going to restrict the black badges then you do it to all of the black items.

I have provided my VIN number to the parts department and they now have to submit the information to Jaguar to await their approval. :o
Myer

Post by Myer »

:lol: All three sets of black badges arrived today :D The leaper does come with a locating pin.
scz4

Post by scz4 »

Myer wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:35 pm :lol: All three sets of black badges arrived today :D The leaper does come with a locating pin.
Look forward to the pictures.

Mine are due on Monday. I also had to find and provide a VIN :lol: :lol:

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post