Glass/Plastic Wind Deflector

Anything F-Type related......
Siy

Post by Siy »

Has anyone fitted a glass or plastic/perspex see through wind deflector, in place of the mesh oem one? Found one online, but out of stock at the moment... I wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction?
F-Type V8S Convertible, H&R Performance Springs dropping 30mm, 15mm Spacers and plenty of carbon! :)

Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

If you search ‘opinions on wind deflector’ on here you’ll find a thread about it. Owner bobharrington had a glass one made for £30. I’ve been trying to get in touch with the same company but no luck yet.
chicb

Post by chicb »

Google Perspex/Acrylic sheets cut to size for the area you live in. I had one made from Lexan which is a stronger perspex. Just took in the existing deflector & they copied it. Can't remember the price but it was pretty reasonable
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S
scz4

Post by scz4 »

You can get them on ebay, but seems very expensive

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jaguar-F-Typ ... SwPaBcgRTU
Siy

Post by Siy »

Yup thanks.. just found one here, and ordered. same supplier I think. Here's the link in case anyone else interested...

https://www.justroadster.com/collection ... ar-perspex
F-Type V8S Convertible, H&R Performance Springs dropping 30mm, 15mm Spacers and plenty of carbon! :)
scz4

Post by scz4 »

Great, glad you're sorted. Let me know how it is please as I fancy one, but had a bad experience with a perspex one on my old S2000 as it rattled :(
Northnoble

Post by Northnoble »

I have one of the justroadster ones......fits perfectly, works well and no issues with reversing visibility.....expensive, but once paid, forgotten
Jaguar F-Type 5.0s Convertible - Italian Racing Red, Gloss black wheels and trim
Porsche Macan S
Ariel Atom 3 300
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

Few videos online show that a solid deflector actually causes more turbulence than the OEM one - it’s mesh for a reason as it allows the air to pass through it rather than hit it
XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

I don't find the mesh one bad at all. Saying that when I bought my car rear visibility through it wasn't good. Took it off and gave it a good clean and it's 100 times better.
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
BobHarrington

Post by BobHarrington »

I replaced my original plastic wind deflector with glass some months ago, and I have been delighted with it. I cant detect any increase or decrease of wind, but it’s transformed rear vision, and it’s cheap and easy to do 👍

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post