Ftype p300 exhaust

Anything F-Type related......
qwick

Post by qwick »

Hi guys, just got my first car, a 2018 ftype p300 r-dynamic. I'm a little bit sad about the sound tho :lol: :lol:
I know its a 2l and will never make notes as good as a v6 or v8, but i wonder if anyone had any experience with it to make it sound less like a washing machine.
I have to think about this very well because i still have a 2 year jag warranty, i would have to be very sure about the results to proceed to this upgrade.
Maybe doing a backbox delete would help? should i buy a new line and save the old one or warranty issues?
I'm open to any opinion, just glad to own this art piece

scm

Post by scm »

I think member powerhouse has the same model and has done some exhaust mods, maybe he'll be along to share his wisdom. I also think he posted about it so maybe a search will find his thread.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
robc2562

Post by robc2562 »

There's a few companies working on exhausts for the P300.
I'm currently waiting for mine to come in from SuperSprint which is this one:
https://www.supersprint.com/ww-en/sport ... p300.aspx
Otherwise there's one from Ragazzon:
https://www.ragazzon.com/eng/ragazzon-c ... &cld=1381
Those are the only 2 good ones I've found so far, some people have mentioned that the v6 one's might also fit, and it seems like VelocityAP is currently looking into exhausts for the P300 also.
qwick

Post by qwick »

I sent an email to supersprint yesterday asking for a video but they don't have any, i've seen those two, i just wanted to be sure before risking it, if you install it soon please send me a video, i would be SSOO Grateful!!
I've seen powerhouse post before, pretty interesting the way he did it, even for warranty his way is better. super easy!
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

judging by the pictures the p300 after market systems look remarkably similar to V6 systems - haven't done any measurements, wondering if anyone has looked into it?

This then opens you up to quick silver, remus, VelocityAP etc, then within that you have straight pipes, X pipes, back boxes and so on
qwick

Post by qwick »

I've read people been using the v6 ones, problem is, thei're made for a V6 engine, this i4 produces barelly no sound, so it doesn't make much sense to me investing in a exhaust made for an engine that already sounds awesome...
robc2562

Post by robc2562 »

qwick wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:08 pm I sent an email to supersprint yesterday asking for a video but they don't have any, i've seen those two, i just wanted to be sure before risking it, if you install it soon please send me a video, i would be SSOO Grateful!!
I've seen powerhouse post before, pretty interesting the way he did it, even for warranty his way is better. super easy!
Will do! So far it won't be in until mid August (I placed the order in May) it takes a while to get their systems in it looks like, and the pandemic didn't help at all.
powerhouse

Post by powerhouse »

Here you go , made this video some time ago with a cheap Go pro style camera, takes till about 40 secs till i get going, , was on a country road with traffic so couldn't really get the revs up, but if you hit the red line in the gears is bangs much louder and more sporadic.

[attachment=3]le10.jpg[/attachment]

le7.jpg

le2.jpg

le3.jpg

le10.jpg

Caledra Red 2018 2.0 R Dynamic
Black Pack
Project 7 Grill
Eibach Lowering Springs
Judd Model One 21" Rims
305/25/21 rears 265/30/21 fronts
Maxton design rear lip spoiler & rear diffuser splitters
Rear box delete, twin straight pipes fitted
qwick

Post by qwick »

bruuuh, i've seen that video dozens of times this week ahhaha, sounds waaaayy better! Your way is definitely on my mind!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post