Soon to be owner.

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Config-2

Post by Config-2 »

Morning everyone,
New joiner saying hello. I’ve wanted an F type for the past 2 years and since this lock down begun I’ve been trawling through the car adverts and watching countless YouTube videos of my dream car. My “wanting” an F type has turned into a “Need” an F type. I’m thinking just to go all out and get the V8 AWD. There looks to be a wealth of information on this site so I’m really looking forward to being part of it.

All the best. :D
Never buy a dwarf with learning difficulties. It’s not big and it’s not clever!

scm

Post by scm »

Welcome to the forum, and nearly to the club! Good luck with the search, there are plenty out there so take your time and you'll find the right one. I can personally recommend the V8 R AWD. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
JamesOC

Post by JamesOC »

Welcome.

The AWD R is a great choice, though I might be a tad biased😂
I’d also agree about taking your time; it’s definitely a buyers market for this type of car ( even though some dealers have their heads in the sand about the economy and pricing). I bought mine in April.
Best of luck.
MY20 R AWD Coupe, Portofino Blue
Previous: 2011 XK
Config-2

Post by Config-2 »

Thanks very much,
I’ve actually seen a couple I like at one of the dealerships. One has a bit of leather protruding on the shelf behind the passenger seat, I guess it may have been caught on something. Not sure if that can be rectified at all.The salesman said he could get the technicians to look at it but obviously couldn’t replace the whole section. I think if it couldn’t be fixed then knowing it was there would annoy me too much, especially on a relatively new car. Out of interest how much do you think can be negotiated with the dealers? They do seem somewhat set on a fixed price and mention the car being price checked within a 50 mile radius. The way the economy is at the moment I would have also expected good deals to be found. The ones I’m looking at are about a year old.
scm

Post by scm »

I'd make fixing the shelf a condition of sale if you're really interested in the car. But be prepared to walk away if they can't/won't fix it - there are plenty out there so there'll be one with your name on it and a perfect rear shelf!
Config-2

Post by Config-2 »

Cheers scm,
It’s definitely not something I’ll be rushing into. I’ve waited this long...it’s got to be exactly what I’m after. I’d be interested to hear any negotiating secrets to “make them an offer they can’t refuse”
scm

Post by scm »

Config-2 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:28 pmI’d be interested to hear any negotiating secrets to “make them an offer they can’t refuse”
So would I! :?
JamesOC

Post by JamesOC »

No negotiating secrets, but ensure you do your homework; when I was looking earlier this year there were some big price variations if you are prepared to look nationally.
There generally doesn’t seem to be much flexibility on sticker prices with many dealers, though some do move on the price. There is though room to move on PX values and adding other items such as getting the first service done or paid for, also car finance; the standard offers they hit you with with are stupid high APRs, probably with huge commissions, but jaguar finance through Lloyd’s can be quite competitive (even if the sticker price doesn’t move) Also think carefully about the insurances they try and add on, these are very expensive and in my opinion a complete waste of money; if you really need GAP insurance this can often be cheaper elsewhere. Depending on age an extended warranty might be worth thinking about.
Main advice is also to be prepared to walk away.

Good luck.
MY20 R AWD Coupe, Portofino Blue
Previous: 2011 XK
badger

Post by badger »

i offered 2k below screen price for an approved used car which was accepted, i also got them to update navigation to latest mapping and carry out a service which was due in 3 months.
2015 polaris white s.
panoramic roof, black design pack, climate pack, parking pack ,heated performance seats, red belts, flat bottom steering wheel, 20'' tornado wheels, powered tailgate, black badges. (now sold)
Config-2

Post by Config-2 »

Thanks for all of your inputs. It’s always appreciated! One I like has just been serviced and has 2 years warranty on it still. Couple of white scratches on it and a few minor things to be looked at but otherwise it looks great. Just depends if they will move on the price. If not then I’ll wait for the next one I like to come on the market. I’d love to have it while the weather is good but there’s no rush.

Thanks again 👍

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post