once you go black!!!!!........ opinions needed

Anything F-Type related......
Hotlurve

Post by Hotlurve »

here is my my13 p380s just after being detailed. now the wheels have a little corrosion on all 4 . got a price of 75.00 per wheel for powder coating. having just had the callipers repainted the wheels are next....... so what do i go for ? stay the same colour or go gloss black bearing in mind the colour of the callipers.... and the roof is grey not black.

im in two minds about this so dont hold back

230B7070-DA7C-4188-9897-2085AC1E3D0B.jpeg

B2B33598-5914-4A14-81B0-6271AD310FA3.jpeg

E97E0CAB-7566-43EC-A57B-FE1A2CEEB2A3.jpeg

EE1D863B-EA9B-4DF9-BE2C-83B45EA8DA15.jpeg

Polaris White 380 rdstr, 2013, extnd leather,perf seats, cyclone 20”, Ferrari 458 spider 2015, Bianco avus,carbon pack, carbon seats, front lift, musician, biker,.
Money may not buy you happiness but I’d rather cry in a Jag than a bus. (or a 458)

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Keep it original. I like the silver wheels personally.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

If you really wanted to change, maybe Shadow Chrome, might look good with the grey roof, otherwise keep as is. But then I don't like black wheels so the choice is yours.

Is that the extent of the corrosion on the wheels? if that's the case i'd just touch up for now, you'll only kerb them the moment you restore them!
:cry:

Calipers look good!
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
scm

Post by scm »

No opinion on the colour, anything looks great on an F-Type (though some are greater than others, according to taste!), but your centre caps need realigning - growler chin to valve, please!

And I've recently discovered that the final touch is the locking wheel nut should be lined up with the valve, too. On my Blades it's under the chin, but I see on yours it's above his head. I didn't realise the nut placement could vary by wheel type. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

for me

Silver wheels with red calipers .. just my opinion though :)
looks nice and classy on a white car
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

I think gloss black on light silver and white cars has been overdone and a bit passé. It could make yours look heavy without other coordination and may not look right with a grey hood. That said black Matt, red calipers and grey hood is perfect To me on mine, but a near black car

Powder is also quite a crude finish, so not my favourite to go gloss with. Matt would be better and have that on one car

Wet paint shadow chrome as mentioned above is a great look and ran a grey Zed in that for a few years

Anyway just comments from someone who’s spent way too much on rims for the last decade and all aside as only you can choose what makes you smile
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Hotlurve

Post by Hotlurve »

silver seems to have it at the moment .... have to say i wasn't aware of the lining up the badge though. i know what you mean about black being a bit overdone...and not sure it will go with the hood also.
the chap at the wheel shop immediately said gloss black as it will be a better more durable finish and wont show the brake dust so much. plus a different colour will make me feel like i have got something for my money. that aside the wheels look better than they really are as there is a fair bit of wheel weight damage and the weights themselves have gone rusty.
not sure if zinc coated weights were used or steel....... steel on ally = not good.
Polaris White 380 rdstr, 2013, extnd leather,perf seats, cyclone 20”, Ferrari 458 spider 2015, Bianco avus,carbon pack, carbon seats, front lift, musician, biker,.
Money may not buy you happiness but I’d rather cry in a Jag than a bus. (or a 458)
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

scm wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:31 pm And I've recently discovered that the final touch is the locking wheel nut should be lined up with the valve, too. On my Blades it's under the chin, but I see on yours it's above his head. I didn't realise the nut placement could vary by wheel type. ;)
Of course a pedant might say it was the valve placement on the wheel not the nut placement ;)

And yes, agreed that the silver wheels look better - especially with that carbon shadow look they attain, once they've done a few miles after the last wash!
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
chicb

Post by chicb »

I think the silver looks really good & personally would keep it. I have the 20" cyclone wheels on mine in black but there again I have the full black pack :lol:

DSCN0062_LI.jpg

F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S
basher

Post by basher »

How about dark satin grey? I have that colour on mine and it's a lovely contrast to silver. Should look good against white and complement your roof.
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post