Sat Nav

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

morning all, looking for advise please, can anybody let me know the parameters on the 3 different setting on driving to the location (standard 2014 system) , Fast, Short, Economic.

As i am having difficulty in selecting the best route, all seam to be very similar and ends up taking me down narrow tracks, not the best route for an F Type.

ta

scm

Post by scm »

No idea, I've not seen those options on my MY18 satnav. I'd have thought Fast would be the "best" in the F-Type, while selecting the longest route for maximum enjoyment. If you want Economic you wouldn't be using an F-Type! Short is obviously a non-starter for enjoying any drive in an F-Type.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

On my Evoque experience tell me (albeit Mamés are different
Fast takes you a huge distance even if it saves just a couple of minutes and toll fees
Shortest is just that and goes through town centres, cart tracks, etc. Takes hours
Economic is a balance and compromise

Google is best to work it out :)
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

if you use your nav alot and not your phone, you can buy a plug and play module online which enables apple car play / android auto so you can have google maps / Waze up on your infotainment screen...
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

I have to go with cj10jeeper from my Evoque experience with that system too!
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Cannot remember the setting on our Evoque but when i bought the Ftype it was taking me all over the place. In the settings somewhere , it was set to avoid motorways. Switched it over & it's been fine since. Since he says having done less that 200 miles this year.
Steve.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

thanks dbv6s, have you any links to the plug in please
captainham

Post by captainham »

gasgas wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:38 pm thanks dbv6s, have you any links to the plug in please
Different versions depending on your car, you can email them your VIN and they'll confirm, but this is one option:

https://unique-ad.co.uk/product/wireles ... 2013-2015/

Getting mine fitted on Thursday (don't fancy attempting it myself so asked a local car stereo place to do it!). The factory sat-nav is total pants in my opinion so I won't be sad to see it be replaced by this!

I believe the touchscreen capabilities are not the most responsive, but that's a failing of the existing screen rather than a fault with the aftermarket kit.
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

Yes thats the one ^
Unique AD

few members have them, big improvement and adds some modern tech to a very dated system