rear diffuser

Anything F-Type related......
ajac

Post by ajac »

Hi. I can't find out from other threads whether the diffuser part shown in red here is actually a separate part.

Des anyone know if it is indeed separate and if so where it can be supplied from other than JLR - any aftermarket suppliers for this piece recommended?

jaguar-f-type-s-coupe-c622301042014234121_1.jpg

Cheers
2016 Salsa S
Range Rover TDV8
Range Rover Classic

cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

The whole of the bumper cover comes as one part. It's the JLR design diffuser. They can be separated by splitting plastic welds to paint, wrap, dip, etc.
The attached link may help as you can see inside and external photos of an example
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-JAGU ... SwRVJftOi9

Depending on model year you may need to change the reverse and fog lights to those shown in your photo if you have the older red and clear lenses. They are a straight plug in swap

As to sourcing eBay is your best source - as per the link you could get a whole bumper for £400 but I suspect better if you search more

I made this conversion on my F Type (as part of some wider style changes of bumper covers and side skirts) and it's way better than the rather soft looking stock which lack any diffuser and simply curves under the rear of the car

IMG_8417.jpg

IMG_8416.jpg

IMG_7210.JPG

Last edited by cj10jeeper on Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
ajac

Post by ajac »

perfect - thanks
2016 Salsa S
Range Rover TDV8
Range Rover Classic
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

ajac wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:03 pmperfect - thanks
Updated the post a bit.
Let me know if you have any questions
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
scz4

Post by scz4 »

As above, they can be separated, but not easily.

I bought one (well two) off eBay and painted it black, prefer the look to being colour coded. Fresher...

Be warned, if converting from the standard diffuser, the fog and reverse lights are really expensive both new and used, so try to get one that comes with.

20200619_200709_1.jpg

RPSN

Post by RPSN »

ajac wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:12 pm Hi. I can't find out from other threads whether the diffuser part shown in red here is actually a separate part.

Des anyone know if it is indeed separate and if so where it can be supplied from other than JLR - any aftermarket suppliers for this piece recommended?
jaguar-f-type-s-coupe-c622301042014234121_1.jpg

Cheers

Here’s the genuine ‘Bumper-Rear-Valance Panels’ diagrams with all part numbers (MY/Engine/VIN specific).

If need be, you can use the part numbers to find cheaper alternatives.

https://parts.jaguarlandroverclassic.co ... nd/jaguar/
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Not too sure about this one though? :lol:

3.png

2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
ajac

Post by ajac »

Thanks again. No more questions from me - all answered and comprehensively at that. I was hoping the red lower part in the top photo was just a separate (read - cheaper) part to acquire, paint and fix. It seems not.

Thanks again.
2016 Salsa S
Range Rover TDV8
Range Rover Classic
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

The plastic weld has come loose / failed on a small section of my rear diffuser - right next to wear the diffuser meets the bottom of rear nearside wheel arch. Does anyone know if you can source the plastic glue that is used to stick the diffuser to the car body? assuming it is plastic glue?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post