Mustang to F Type

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
RomanticTuna

Post by RomanticTuna »

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a P300, Caldera Red Convertible, moving from a 5.0 V8 Mustang I'd had for nearly 4 years.

The differences are not subtle, but I wanted to return to a car that had better handling characteristics similar to the Cayman S and Boxster I'd had previously.

The FT doesn't disappoint, whilst it's about 200 bhp down (over the modified Mustang) it doesn't make a great deal of difference on UK roads, actually makes it a bit quicker in some instances. The interior is really nice and the infotainment system is quick and responsive, the Android Auto integration is pretty good. I was on a journey the other day where I would classify it as "fast road". As per usual though it was populated by people either doing 10 mph below the speed limit everywhere except in villages in towns where they do 10 more. I wasn't surprised..... But, it did highlight why the 300hp is more than adequate for 90% of the time. I'm going back to a bike for trackdays for the "fast" fix.

I do miss the V8 growl, but my neighbours definitely don't....

I love the shape and look, it's a stunning car, the key word I've used to describe the difference to friends is "refined".

Unfortunately it has already been back to main dealer for an investigation and fault repair, the keys weren't connecting with the car, it sometimes wouldn't lock and the windows wouldn't return to the fully up position after opening and closing the door. It was an intermittent fault and I was worried it wouldn't show up during the investigation. No worries though, the whole car shut down on the ramps and they couldn't move it. Anyway after a few days of fault finding, software updates and replacing a KVM it turned out to be a short circuit in a wire on the drivers door near the check strap. All sorted now and no problems. Jaguar dealer was great throughout, Marshalls Jaguar, Oxford.

Looking forward to reading your posts and using the extensive knowledgebase here.

NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

Welcome aboard :)
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Welcome aboard!

There’s a thread on here explaining username origins, yours should be good!
RomanticTuna

Post by RomanticTuna »

Happy to explain the username, it's not as exciting as it may sound....
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

Go on....... Don't keep us in suspense :)
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
RomanticTuna

Post by RomanticTuna »

A few years back I got an Xbox and when you signed up to the Service you had to choose a Username, or you could opt to have them make you one randomly. Obviously I chose the random option and got RomanticTuna. I really liked it, thought it was funny and decided to keep it.

Told you it wasn't exciting, but it did mean that I ended up being called "Tuna" when playing online with friends.....
RomanticTuna

Post by RomanticTuna »

This is just after paint preparation and ceramic coating.

(Can we put images in here straight from Google Photos?)
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

RomanticTuna wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:28 am A few years back I got an Xbox and when you signed up to the Service you had to choose a Username, or you could opt to have them make you one randomly. Obviously I chose the random option and got RomanticTuna. I really liked it, thought it was funny and decided to keep it.

Told you it wasn't exciting, but it did mean that I ended up being called "Tuna" when playing online with friends.....
Interesting username. Only comment I would make is to not overuse a username in multiple places. In 30 seconds I can see your Instagram and all the photos, gaming profiles tags to training on Facebook and much more. More than you’d want some people to see...
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
RomanticTuna

Post by RomanticTuna »

That's a fair point
Sander

Post by Sander »

Welcome, thats a great looking car, conguratulations!
Current cars:
- Jaguar XE 2.0d AUT (2018) - company car, daily driver
- Jaguar F-Type V6 S Convertible AWD (2016)
- Honda S2000 (2001) (RHD)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post