So easily stolen

Anything F-Type related......
Tel

Post by Tel »

scm wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:57 pm
Tel wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:53 pm I wish I could pop my steering wheel off just like the F1 cars do - That would stump them!
They'd just bring molegrips! Now if the starter button was on the steering wheel .... ;)
You're one of them, aren't you! ;-)

I'm OK...I have Dymo taped my ''Start/Stop'' button, ''Windscreen wipers''!
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩

Fez

Post by Fez »

This is new or function that I have not before. Guardian Mode through the latest version of the Jaguar Remote. Guardian Mode monitors your car and provides an alert if any interference occurs such as the car being unlocked, doors being opened, or the engine started. You can set any time you want car monitored, at the shops or evening on drive.
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
Tel

Post by Tel »

i know that they are a PITA but for a measly price :

They are too much agro for thieves with the electronics and know how, to entertain.
2016MY V8R IRR
Billet OBD lock
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
PaulWildsmith

Post by PaulWildsmith »

You've got me worried now!
Any recommendations for obd locks?
Thanks
Married to a F Type owner (P300 2021 model)
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

See here for previously supplied information.
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4959&p=49853&hilit=OBD+vin#p49853
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Its not just the lock and alarm. Quite often I check my app to see it says "door open" or "unlocked" and so on.
Though I can see it from inside my house, parked in the carport, double locked and all.. .. I complained to JLR,
what about if the car is stolen and the remote app tells this garbage info ? :evil: ..

I have been told that the keyless entry is a system that uses 'rolling' codes and can nog be skimmed/hacked...

My luck is we live in the sticks and my cars are not visible from the road. The plot is fenced and gated and we
have 24/7 xx-channel CCTV... Since I installed these the number of canvassers dropped to zero and that
has remained since 2008 !!

But how about one of these locks you hook onto your steeringwheel and a pedal ; this will take more then
ten seconds to remove I guess / hope... 8-)
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
Tel

Post by Tel »

by PaulWildsmith » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:37 pm
You've got me worried now!
Any recommendations for obd locks?
Thanks
I think it's just a matter of keeping up (or tyring to stay one or two steps behind!) the way thieves change their operating habits.
This is the first time I have seen a theft of an NON KL entry car.
Being wary is a good thing, and if the forum highlights this, and gets people thinking a bit deeper about protecting their asset, then great.

I fitted an OBD lock back in 2016, to stop unwanted interrogation by dealers and the mishap of leaving the car electronics hanging.
Purchased a CNC billet lock from the US, very low profile (this is important, otherwise you’ll always clock your right knee on it) and very weird non-copyable keys.
by Dan_Veluwe » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:03 pm I have been told that the keyless entry is a system that uses 'rolling' codes and can nog be skimmed/hacked...
Don't believe everything you are told Dan ;)

Do your research: It's been going on a long time https://www.wired.com/2007/08/researchers-cra/
or Rolljam: https://hackaday.io/project/164566-how-to-hack-a-car

Here's how to build a unit using a simple SDR USB module, cheap as chips on the bay of e.
https://spencerwhyte.blogspot.com/2014/ ... eplay.html

You could argue, 'don't believe everything on the internet' Dan, but I would advise taking the middle ground, and at least keeping your Keyless start Key shielded.

The most annoying thing is, with all this technology, I have put my spare key somewhere safe as we don't use it. Can I find it...can I hell! :lol:
2016MY V8R IRR
Billet OBD lock
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Tel wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:52 pm Don't believe everything you are told Dan ;)

Do your research: It's been going on a long time https://www.wired.com/2007/08/researchers-cra/
= 2007... :roll:
[quote/]
.. keeping your Keyless start Key shielded.... I have all risk insurance :mrgreen:

[quote/]
... I have put my spare key somewhere safe as we don't use it. Can I find it...can I hell! :lol: .......... check your travel bag :idea:

With covid I hardly travel anyware. Cars are normally parked safely. On holidays always book hotels with secure parking, or when we still had the
house in Portugal, inside the garage with steel bolts [ not bolted, but screwed... ] through the edge of the [garagge] door and the frame... 8-)

And well, if my F-Type gets stolen this month, I still get my full purchase price back, no depreciation.... :lol:
Nick

Post by Nick »

After reading this I went and got by old crook lock out and installed it, it will now sit in the boot.

Really sad for the guy, just hope the insurance pay out the full amount.
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Nick wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:33 pm Really sad for the guy, just hope the insurance pay out the full amount.
They have to pay : he has on video the alarm was on and the car was locked.. .. if only he had insurance.. :shock: