Fit for the F-Type

Anything F-Type related......
stampinground

Post by stampinground »

Thought I would share my somewhat avant-garde approach to ownership with you.

• The perfect car
  • The right price
  • The right weight
Wait, weight? Yeah I've been trying for years to hit a target weight that I'm comfortable with, and always struggle to maintain the motivation.
This time, if I don't hit 88kg, I don't get a car. Extreme, maybe, but I figure it's going to keep me on track.

Starting weight 100kg around two weeks ago, 97.4kg currently.

What do you think? Am I being ridiculous? :D

Brendub

Post by Brendub »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D Mad maybe.

Life is too short. Buy the car and lose weight. Either lose a kg or no petrol in it. You will lose the weight quicker. I am 100kgs do a lot of exercise and about 100 miles a week cycling not much of a drop over 3 months. Though the beer may have something to do with that. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
2017 380 bhp V6S Corris Grey Coupe. Black 19inch propeller wheels and pano roof :D :D :D
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

stampinground wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:01 pm Thought I would share my somewhat avant-garde approach to ownership with you.

• The perfect car
  • The right price
  • The right weight
Wait, weight? Yeah I've been trying for years to hit a target weight that I'm comfortable with, and always struggle to maintain the motivation.
This time, if I don't hit 88kg, I don't get a car. Extreme, maybe, but I figure it's going to keep me on track.

Starting weight 100kg around two weeks ago, 97.4kg currently.

What do you think? Am I being ridiculous? :D
Sounds like a plan, but you’ll need to factor in new clothes and what you get at 85, 82kg.....etc! GSXR750? :lol: :lol:

Also, would you have to sell it if your weight goes up afterwards? 🧐
stampinground

Post by stampinground »

Brendub wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:16 pm :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Mad maybe.

Life is too short. Buy the car and lose weight. Either lose a kg or no petrol in it. You will lose the weight quicker. I am 100kgs do a lot of exercise and about 100 miles a week cycling not much of a drop over 3 months. Though the beer may have something to do with that. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I know myself well enough to know that if I buy the car I'm not going to care as much about getting the weight down. The petrol idea is an interesting one though.. maybe I'll use that to maintain it :lol:

The beer might have something to do with that, but think of how much heavier you'd be if you hadn't done it! You're earning that beer ;) ;)
GusA wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:22 pm Sounds like a plan, but you’ll need to factor in new clothes and what you get at 85, 82kg.....etc! GSXR750? :lol: :lol:

Also, would you have to sell it if your weight goes up afterwards? 🧐

Interesting you say that, I've got a GSX650F now, so maybe I should upgrade :lol:

As for selling, no no, don't be silly now! Once the car is mine, I'll have earned it in more ways than once. What better way than to treat myself all the way back to 100kg? :lol:
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

A friend of mine did the same to give up smoking. He worked out that he could have a much better car using the money he was spending on cigs.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

mickjaguar wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:01 pm A friend of mine did the same to give up smoking. He worked out that he could have a much better car using the money he was spending on cigs.
That is a superb approach for any smokers wishing to quit👍
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
stampinground

Post by stampinground »

mickjaguar wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:01 pm A friend of mine did the same to give up smoking. He worked out that he could have a much better car using the money he was spending on cigs.
Nice, a much better use of the money!
WoodBoatChick

Post by WoodBoatChick »

How about your overall health? Less weight on your joints, easier to move around, possibly longer life. Is this weight loss plan in consultation with your dr.? Also good to check current cholesterol and glucose levels. Heart attacks and diabetes don't care what car you drive.
2017 F Type, Premium, 6-speed, Ammonite Grey; 1969 Series 2 E-Type, Sable
Deleted User 3271

Post by Deleted User 3271 »

Well

You could get the car .. then keep fit cleaning your pride and joy .. weekly wash .... weekley polish / polish the glass .. hoover inside ... wheels off and clean inner and outer of the rims etc etc
just a thought
stampinground

Post by stampinground »

WoodBoatChick wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:43 am How about your overall health? Less weight on your joints, easier to move around, possibly longer life. Is this weight loss plan in consultation with your dr.? Also good to check current cholesterol and glucose levels. Heart attacks and diabetes don't care what car you drive.
My diet wasn't bad before, but it's better now due to this. I'm 32yo and 6ft 4", so my current weight isn't far off a healthy one.
As for the plan, I'm just monitoring the intake, I've cut the obviously unhealthy (e.g. chocolate, alcohol) and track the rest (macro-nutrients etc.) via an app.
I haven't considered talking to a dr. about it, but I'm aiming for around 1kg per week which I understand to be about the max you should lose before consulting a professional on it. If you know that to be incorrect, do let me know though!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post