Tail Light Tint

Anything F-Type related......
Bobster67

Post by Bobster67 »

Hello all, I am thinking about tinting the tail lights on my car, should look good against the grey. Has anyone else don't this? if so any guidance as tot he level of tint used would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Personally I don’t agree with changes such as this that may decrease people’s observance and reaction times and therefore affect overall safety.
Same goes for dark tinted windows - it’s not just seeing out the back, it’s the ability of the car behind to see the tail lights of the car further in front. Granted it’s less easy to see past an F but I’m making a general observation.
Maybe I’m just old though.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Alasdair63

Post by Alasdair63 »

F types from 17 plate onwards come with darker tail lights as standard. Imo they look much better.
Corrie grey svr Coupé
Carbon graphite vorsteiner wheels
Kw lowering springs
PB big brakes
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Does that tie in to them being LED I wonder 🤔
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Alasdair63 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:46 pm F types from 17 plate onwards come with darker tail lights as standard. Imo they look much better.

+1 The darker lights look more modern to me. As long as it’s good enough to pass an MOT I’d say go for it.
jagRoar

Post by jagRoar »

LOts of youtube guides out there, fairly easy to do yourself. recommend vvivid https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vvivid-Air-T ... 3650310060 lots of great reviews, really easy to work with and doesn't obsure much light.
jagRoar

Post by jagRoar »

comp.jpg

The right side is with the tint the left side is standard
ftypescotland

Post by ftypescotland »

That looks awsome. Nice job. I will be trying that soon.
Scott
F-Type R Rwd Salsa Red
https://www.instagram.com/ftypescotland/
Bobster67

Post by Bobster67 »

Hi, thanks all for your comments, much appreciated.

My car has now arrived from the dealer and as per Alisdair’s note the lights are darker than they were on my previous Ftype so as it stands I think I will hold of on doing any tinting for the time being.

Thanks again folks.
Alsam

Post by Alsam »

I would be cautious of altering lights. The originals are type approved and ‘e’ marked. Altering falls into the fail to maintain lights offence. Also in the event of rear shunt insurance company might ask why there altered.

Looks great without the tint.
First Edition P450
Eiger Grey
Red Brakes
Heated Screen
Panoramic Roof

MY2021

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post