Door handle locking

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Scorchio595

Post by Scorchio595 »

scm wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:01 am
Tel wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:37 am... KE when you touch the sensor/switch the handles are driven in - am I correct?
No, to lock with KE you push the rear of the handle (the bit sticking out) into the door, which will lock it. If you push it in twice in rapid succession it'll "double-lock" which activates more of the alarm. The handles aren't driven in at all when you lock that way - you've done it. You only touch the switch to at the front of the handle to unlock.

Is that clear or have I confused things even more? ;)
SCM mine is KE on the spec sheet but couldn't get mine to work either.. another question for the dealer when it goes in shortly for Supercharger work. The list is growing larger by the day
Caldera Red MY19 V8 AWD R

Scorchio595

Post by Scorchio595 »

Further to my previous post, I have found that the passenger side works for Keyless Entry. Tested drivers dide the same way but doesn't work either way, pushing in it justpops back out, when locked with key the small KE button on the handle doesn't open the door
scm

Post by scm »

Sounds like a faulty module. Mine was like that when I bought it - seemed to have been missed in the 165 point check. Luckily I tried it when I went to pick it up - the sales guy had always used the fob to unlock - and they fixed it on the spot.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Scorchio595

Post by Scorchio595 »

scm wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:01 pm Sounds like a faulty module. Mine was like that when I bought it - seemed to have been missed in the 165 point check. Luckily I tried it when I went to pick it up - the sales guy had always used the fob to unlock - and they fixed it on the spot.
Thanks ill point that out on Monday when it goes in to the Dealership
Ots1

Post by Ots1 »

This sounds similar to the issue I have, it seems easy to take the door cards off and access parts so I can have a go at sorting myself, but would be good to know what was faulty and replaced.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post