Tracking failing

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »

dudes good at keeping in touch lol

Alasdair63

Post by Alasdair63 »

I had the same issue with the Incontrol secure , lots of false alarms jaguar main dealer couldn’t fix it so I didn’t bother renewing the
subscription for secure, just renew the Remote now.
Corrie grey svr Coupé
Carbon graphite vorsteiner wheels
Kw lowering springs
PB big brakes
basher

Post by basher »

Alasdair63 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:09 pm I had the same issue with the Incontrol secure , lots of false alarms jaguar main dealer couldn’t fix it so I didn’t bother renewing the
subscription for secure, just renew the Remote now.
Alasdair, ignore my silly question...

Does this mean you no longer have a tracker?

How does this affect your insurance?
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
Alasdair63

Post by Alasdair63 »

Kev , when I asked the insurance company about it they said a tracker was not required, there is some post where some people have had
their jaguar stolen and the factory tracker has been disabled by the thieves. Anyway the car is kept in the garage
Corrie grey svr Coupé
Carbon graphite vorsteiner wheels
Kw lowering springs
PB big brakes
Edinburgh75

Post by Edinburgh75 »

Sadly my insurance company are insisting because it is a factory fit that it must operate. This may also be because I live in Glasgow!

Main dealer is going to buy the car back from me and the figure offered means I have had the car 7 months for free.

It’s a shame because I like the car but the service I have had so far and the idea of 2 more years warranty gives me the fear so I’ll change back to Porsche. Not as exciting but infinitely more reliable service in my experience.
2020 F Type Coupe 575 in Silicon Silver
Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »

Grab yourself a bargain as 1,100 of them along with lambos bentleys and others from the VW group lie abandoned on a ship transporting them to the US after catching fire of the coast of Portugal lol
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Edinburgh75 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:58 pm Sadly my insurance company are insisting because it is a factory fit that it must operate. This may also be because I live in Glasgow!

Main dealer is going to buy the car back from me and the figure offered means I have had the car 7 months for free.

It’s a shame because I like the car but the service I have had so far and the idea of 2 more years warranty gives me the fear so I’ll change back to Porsche. Not as exciting but infinitely more reliable service in my experience.

Good that they’re taking it back so you’re not out of pocket, but I’m not sure you’ve had a ‘typical’ Jag experience! I’ve owned one Porsche and the engine almost completely destroyed itself (camshaft adjuster bolt sheared = 13k damage) at 30k miles so I know how you feel! Enjoy the porker!
Edinburgh75

Post by Edinburgh75 »

The good thing about Jaguar Finance, Main Dealer and Jaguar customer service taking ages to close this off is that I’ve been driving like I need to remember the trips when it’s gone. So, I decided to keep it.

None of the respective departments know this yet because, well, they haven’t called.

Test drove a new 911. Didn’t feel like my old ones. Last one I had was a 998 mind 😂

So here to stay for the time being. Such a beauty that I can’t yet part with
2020 F Type Coupe 575 in Silicon Silver