How do I release the hand brake.

Anything F-Type related......
Spooks

Post by Spooks »

Sorry this sounds silly, however I cannot find a way to get the electric parking brake off. I have put it in neutral and tried every masonic method on utube, and still it remains on. Why can't it just release when holding it down.
I need to make some fine adjustments to it's position in the garage. Am I missing something? the app and the manual are no help.
2020 F Type, Ultimate Black (Santorini) convertible. R Dynamic 3.0 RWD. Extended Winsor Ebony Leather pack. Spooky private plate. 20in wheels.

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

You’ll find it as brake maintenance mode…

Put the car in brake maintenance mode. Ignition on, push the hand brake button down and hold for 2 secs, press accelerator to the floor and hold 2 secs turn ignition off/on and release accelerator and hand brake button. Dash should now read Brake Maintenance Mode.

Take the car out of brake maintenance mode. Ignition on, pull the hand brake button up and hold for 2 secs, press accelerator to the floor and hold 2 secs turn ignition off/on and release accelerator and hand brake button. Dash should now clear Brake Maintenance Mode.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Spooks

Post by Spooks »

Thanks for that I will give it a go. Would never have looked for brake maintenance mode.
2020 F Type, Ultimate Black (Santorini) convertible. R Dynamic 3.0 RWD. Extended Winsor Ebony Leather pack. Spooky private plate. 20in wheels.
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Outside of brake maintenance mode, I leave it in park and disengage the handbrake when my car is going to be sat in the garage for a while. This stops the pads sticking to the discs.

My 2015 only needed the handbrake button to be pressed in order to release it before locking the car. However, later cars need to have the brake pedal pressed (engine off) whilst the button held down, then release the pedal and keeping the button pressed whilst you turn the ignition off
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Spooks

Post by Spooks »

Thanks guys very helpful info.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post