New car - only one key fob

Jaguar F-Type Order Forum
SimonH

Post by SimonH »

So picked up my new 450 back in June of this year... at handover, I was only given one key fob, chip shortages, yakatayakata........ any way was told second key would follow in a few months. So a few months pass and no key, so I go back to the dealer to chivvy them on this second fob, only for them to tell me that Jaguar customer services team have taken on responsibilty for all 2nd fob distribution.~~

So obediently I call central customer services, who inform me that there is no forecasted time when they will provide the second key to all new owners affected.

Two questions really.

How long is it really reasonable to wait, now approaching 5 months. Do I have any formal/legal rights here?

Is this really the service you would expect from a high teir vehicle manufacturer, who is happy to charge 70 - 100+ k per car but not give two keys?????

So if you are picking up new, particularly for this part of the forum, you should check and try to obtain assurances of two key fobs.

It is possibly a small thing to some, but has removed some of the varnish that is the joy of getting a new Jag.
MY23 F-Type P450 V8 Coupe RWD in Silver with Black Pack and Pano Roof

AJ13

Post by AJ13 »

A new car, one key !!! WTF.
Defo complain right to the top.
IRR V8S. (Maybe going soon).
Macan turbo ..wifes.
Sunny Scotland based.
KHatman

Post by KHatman »

There are quite a few on the F-Pace forum experiencing the same. Not sure what your legal recourse is but sounds like you need to start getting stroppy with them.
2019 F-Pace 2.0D Manual, Corris Grey and very little else
2016 F-Type V6 Base, Corris Grey and very little else
scm

Post by scm »

And on the I-Pace forum. But if there really is a key shortage, I'm not sure what can be done - I'm sure Jaguar would rather ship cars with one key than half the number of cars with two keys.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Gregor

Post by Gregor »

I recently lost my spare key. No delay in getting a replacement but cost an unbelievable £600.00
KHatman

Post by KHatman »

Gregor wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:00 am I recently lost my spare key. No delay in getting a replacement but cost an unbelievable £600.00
And there you have it ;) Love their cars but the rest I could happily pass on.
2019 F-Pace 2.0D Manual, Corris Grey and very little else
2016 F-Type V6 Base, Corris Grey and very little else
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

I would go to the parts dept. with your vin and ask for a printed quote including lead time - then walk around to the Sales Manager and if you start to smell BS hand him his dealership’s quote and tell him to walk round and place a zero cost order with his parts dept. 😉
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust