F-Type Car Insurance

Anything F-Type related......
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

I went with Axa in the end, after quite a few years happily insured with LV. When it came to renewal, LV quoted me £2400, followed by £1200. But wait, if I delayed the insurance by 1 day then I could get it for £600, so I trotted off to get some 'day insurance' quotes and went back only to be told "oh, sorry, there was a mix-up, it will be £1200 after all". Axa wanted £340 with the same level of cover as LV, and it went down this year so I upped the mileage a bit, bringing it back up to what I paid last year.

My father went to renew his LV policy this year but was so disgusted by their service that he wrote a letter to them politely letting them know where they went wrong and why he wouldn't be insuring anything with them again. He too had been with them for many years on the back of my recommendation.

I tried Adrian Flux originally, after I had bought the car, but its high value put them off somewhat. It was a similar story with 2 or 3 other insurers I had used in the past.
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)

Pilot Pete

Post by Pilot Pete »

simpleR wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:37 pm I've been with Liverpool Victoria (LV) for 5 years now.
Always the cheapest for me. Comparison sites are the best of course.
Same for me.
2015 F Type V6S coupe in French Racing Blue
Exterior style pack
Panoramic roof
Upgraded brakes
19” Centrifuge wheels
Sports seats
Flat bottomed, heated steering wheel
Independent climate control
iancrav

Post by iancrav »

There is another company associated with LV called Flow; they did a decent deal.
Sandytim

Post by Sandytim »

After some disappointing quotes rang Directline out of curiosity.
I was pleasantly surprised with the quote and the service.
Now in my second year fully comp £553 in extra legal cover for a V8 R.
KHatman

Post by KHatman »

Churchill multi-car worked out best for me when I recently bought my V6. Was only £265 for the year and given I have to declare three (albeit no blame) claims over the past five years I was pleasantly surprised.
2019 F-Pace 2.0D Manual, Corris Grey and very little else
2016 F-Type V6 Base, Corris Grey and very little else
Purplecat

Post by Purplecat »

Before I got the F-Type I was with LV for 5 years but they wouldn't insure the jag without a tracker so I switched to Saga. When I joined LV 5 years ago I had 12 years no claims - when I left I only had 9 and haven't made any claims, their reason sorry we only give a maximum of 9 years!

With Saga it only made a difference of £10 so not a big deal but annoying!
2019 F-Type 5.0 V8 R AWD Coupe Silicon Silver
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

From doing car insurance comparisons before, post code seems to be the biggest contribution to premiums.

I am "B" (on scale of A good to F bad) and pay £550 with business use and all the options. If I change my postcode to a "D" where my friend lives it becomes nearly £1,000 with everything else exactly the same.

Lookup your postcode here.
https://www.theclayclothcompany.co.uk/b ... -postcodes
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Tjp

Post by Tjp »

simpleR wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:18 am From doing car insurance comparisons before, post code seems to be the biggest contribution to premiums.

I am "B" (on scale of A good to F bad) and pay £550 with business use and all the options. If I change my postcode to a "D" where my friend lives it becomes nearly £1,000 with everything else exactly the same.

Lookup your postcode here.
https://www.theclayclothcompany.co.uk/b ... -postcodes
Very interesting, thanks for sharing.
Good thread this, nice to get some differing opinions.
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX »

Hi.
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you wish.
Regards,
Dan.
Andreaspap

Post by Andreaspap »

Hi All,

Thank you everyone for your help! So it turns out the cheapest 2 insurance companies (for my circumstances) were:
Churchill & eSure

Interestingly - Adrian Flux was the most expensive out of all the companies I tried (over 2x as expensive as Churchill in fact)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post