Early Summer road trip booked 😃

Anything F-Type related......
BobHarrington

Post by BobHarrington »

Planning a tour for May, visiting ~ France ~ Switzerland (Alps) ~ Italy (Lakes). Retired, so no rush, about 3 to 4 wks. We like to leave each day after breakfast & arrive for lunch ~ about 3+ hours, or 200+ miles, with a longer stay in the Alps and on the Lakes.
My question is ~ we would prefer to use the tunnel over the ferry, but the reviews on the tunnel are really bad.
What do you recommend?

jonm

Post by jonm »

Book tickets for both, decide which your going to use once your down in kent, which ever has the shortest delays.
Some people laugh and tell me I've got to much money, but what is the extra cost as a percentage of the cost of the whole holiday?
My16 F-Type V6 340
SOLDES

Post by SOLDES »

Love the region! We've been to the lakes twice, once with the Camaro (before the F-type) and last summer with the Abarth. No issues with stone chips, but mind the potholes! We didn't go with the F-type as parking in some regions or at tourist attractions is limited. First thing to do in the morning was look for underground parking lots in the region we were going to.
Two nice hotels I can recommend are Kurhaus Cademario and Grand hotel Campione (ask for hotel parking in advance). https://kurhauscademario.com/en/ https://www.ghcampione.com/
Nick

Edit : on some Italian highways you have to pay toll but there are no toll gates.(for example from Lugano to Como ) Just a sign that warns you you have to pay. It also mentions a link where you can pay. They do send bill collectors if you don’t!
P300 First edition
Eiger grey / Mars red
Deleted User 3656

Post by Deleted User 3656 »

We are booked ferry end March from Plymouth to Santander then to Algarve staying at our flat for 8 weeks treating the wife to some nice Hotels on the way (well they are the ones with the best carparks) cant wait

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post