Good Bye and Au Revoir

Anything F-Type related......
SESH

Post by SESH »

Hi All,
I've just sold my F Type V6S Convertible MY2016 after nearly six years of extremely happy ownership.
So although I won't be on here posting much I will keep an eye from time to time to see what's going on.
It's been a pleasure gentlemen and ladies, but the time has come to move on to something different. I have just bought a 2020 Mustang Bullitt in Highland Green. Told my friends I was having another mid life crisis, in fact, they pointed out that it was in fact an end of life crisis! :shock: I will never be graceful in retirement.
The F Type was sold last week and I must say I was very sad to see her go. She was in great shape and looked almost new.
I had some great times in her and she was always very reliable and a thrill to drive. I can tell already I am slightly regretting it. I'll never forget that howl.
But the Bullitt does offer something a little bit different. A modern American Muscle car that is right hand drive, 6 speed manual, surprisingly quick and handles well around corners. Not quite the same noise as an F Type but has a very loud distinct V8 rumble with an adaptive exhaust (4 noise settings). Plus it Revs up to 7500 rpm. Looks cool too. Other than the cool looks and noise, its predecessors lacked its speed and handling.
It's been great swapping information and getting superb advice on here. Everyone has been very courteous and helpful, who knows I could be back!
Happy motoring! :D
Cheers
Mike
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Highland Green
1966 Corvette Stingray Big Block
1973 E Type Convertible
1963 Triumph TR4
Ex F Type V6S MY2016

Philb280

Post by Philb280 »

Enjoy your new car, bit of a soft spot for a Mustang myself - guess you’ll only be using one of the four exhaust settings 😉
Pics plz .
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Pics or it didn't happen! ;)

Congrats, that is another cracking car and IMHO there's no other car where a proper V8 rumble is so right. I always also had a soft spot for the Mustang. I was completely blown away by the S197 GT when it was introduced. Then back in the day when it was time for a change from my XFS I was very very close to ordering an S550 GT but then the facelift was presented, delivery times turned out to be unbearable and I got another Jag instead. Enjoy!
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
SESH

Post by SESH »

Hi All,
Pics as requested, these are the dealers photos of my car from their advert.
Mike

Mustang YK70DBA.jpg

Mustang YK70DBA 7.jpg

Mustang YK70DBA 5.jpg

Mustang YK70DBA 4.jpg

Mustang YK70DBA 3.jpg

2020 Mustang Bullitt
Highland Green
1973 E Type Convertible
1963 Triumph TR4
Ex F Type V6S MY2016
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Great choice for your next car.
I recommend you joining the MOCGB owners club - a great club and one of the best quality club magazines you will ever see. Next year is a big anniversary for the Mustang and they have a lot being planned.
Also check out SMOC if you are in the Surrey area, for regular breakfast meets and trips out.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Welcome to the club.
I always wanted a V8 but still having to do the Dad's Taxi thing needed 4 seats.
I picked up mine (GT) in September 2021 with only 4 months from order to delivery.
A lot of bangs for your buck as they say.
They had stopped taking orders for the Bullitt at that time but as you say it's a very surprising car.
I find I'm having to explain that no - it doesn't have an old cast iron lump.
In fact the Coyote Gen 3 engine is very advanced and will rev like a nutter up to the red line.
And no it doesn't still have cart springs, it has fully independent suspension with adaptive dampers (magnaride) and handles brilliantly.
Make sure the previous owner has ticked the "rev matching" in the menu.
Does nice blips on the throttle when you change down.
Helps the clutch and makes anybody listening think you are an ace double-de clutcher.
Another nice touch is like Jags have the Jaguar heartbeat on the start button, the 'stang has the sound of a walking horse for the indicator "ticks" :lol: .
Register it with Ford UK main website for any software or nav downloads (Same as on Jags, download to a memory stick and stuff it in the car).
It can burble around but be ferociously fast.
I came off a roundabout the other day onto a dual carriageway in 2nd.
Gave it the beans and it was hitting 70 with another 500rpm to go still in 2nd.
Yes, at higher rev ranges it's pure Nascar sounds !
Economy is actually surprising too.
Just using it as a daily driver it's showing 21mpg.
On the motorway its does around 36mpg which is the same as my two previous V6 XE's.

20220412_091603.jpg

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Thought you’d be along soon Phil - good to hear you’re still enjoying it 😎
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
SESH

Post by SESH »

PhilB wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:20 am Welcome to the club.
I always wanted a V8 but still having to do the Dad's Taxi thing needed 4 seats.
I picked up mine (GT) in September 2021 with only 4 months from order to delivery.
A lot of bangs for your buck as they say.
They had stopped taking orders for the Bullitt at that time but as you say it's a very surprising car.
I find I'm having to explain that no - it doesn't have an old cast iron lump.
In fact the Coyote Gen 3 engine is very advanced and will rev like a nutter up to the red line.
And no it doesn't still have cart springs, it has fully independent suspension with adaptive dampers (magnaride) and handles brilliantly.
Make sure the previous owner has ticked the "rev matching" in the menu.
Does nice blips on the throttle when you change down.
Helps the clutch and makes anybody listening think you are an ace double-de clutcher.
Another nice touch is like Jags have the Jaguar heartbeat on the start button, the 'stang has the sound of a walking horse for the indicator "ticks" :lol: .
Register it with Ford UK main website for any software or nav downloads (Same as on Jags, download to a memory stick and stuff it in the car).
It can burble around but be ferociously fast.
I came off a roundabout the other day onto a dual carriageway in 2nd.
Gave it the beans and it was hitting 70 with another 500rpm to go still in 2nd.
Yes, at higher rev ranges it's pure Nascar sounds !
Economy is actually surprising too.
Just using it as a daily driver it's showing 21mpg.
On the motorway its does around 36mpg which is the same as my two previous V6 XE's.

20220412_091603.jpg
Hi Phil,
It's everything you say and more!
Yes I have the rev match ticked, I'm still playing around with all the bells and whistles! Finding out where everything is. Just wish it had an oil pressure gauge. Any other tips Phil.
Good thing about the Bullitt is that it has the Shelby GT350 intake and throttle body. Plus there were only around 700 made for the UK market with them being numbered with a plaque on the dash. It does handle like a modern sports car. The reviews on the Coyote engine are immense and as you say the economy is surprising given that it's a 5 litre V8.
I didn't know that about the start button, I will have a listen to the clipperty clop next time I start it up. :lol:
This Pony is shod with F Type owners preferred tyres the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. So great grip and handling, especially with the Magneride suspension.
Still miss the F Type though, but I don't think I would have got keeping it past the other half, especially as I have got three older classic cars too! My cars always seem to be the topic of marital conversations! :lol:
Happy motoring.
Mike
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Highland Green
1973 E Type Convertible
1963 Triumph TR4
Ex F Type V6S MY2016
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

SESH wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:13 pm
Hi Phil,
It's everything you say and more!
Yes I have the rev match ticked, I'm still playing around with all the bells and whistles! Finding out where everything is. Just wish it had an oil pressure gauge. Any other tips Phil.
Good thing about the Bullitt is that it has the Shelby GT350 intake and throttle body. Plus there were only around 700 made for the UK market with them being numbered with a plaque on the dash. It does handle like a modern sports car. The reviews on the Coyote engine are immense and as you say the economy is surprising given that it's a 5 litre V8.
I didn't know that about the start button, I will have a listen to the clipperty clop next time I start it up. :lol:
This Pony is shod with F Type owners preferred tyres the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. So great grip and handling, especially with the Magneride suspension.
Still miss the F Type though, but I don't think I would have got keeping it past the other half, especially as I have got three older classic cars too! My cars always seem to be the topic of marital conversations! :lol:
Happy motoring.
Mike
I think you have the digital dash?
You can customise the whole display and use the central area to include up to 3 additional guages.
The online manual is pretty good.
https://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford ... ldtype=web

Screenshot of the possible guages:

Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 15-16-28 Information Displays - General Information - Mach 1.png

Numerous videos on you toob as well.
You can also change the exhaust sounds independently of the drive modes so you can be in normal drive mode but with dragstrip exhaust etc etc.
On the lower right of the wheel is the Mustang button (has a horse on it) and that has many wonderful things to customise including the main display..
Oh and very important, the sunglasses holder is a big push pull tray by your right knee next to the boot release button.
Yep, Michelin Ps4s on mine and don't forget the 6 pot Brembos on the front !!!
SESH

Post by SESH »

Thanks Phil,
Yes I Have the digital dash.
I have tried configuring the gauges but it doesn't give me an oil pressure option. Perhaps that's on the newer model.
That online manual is helpful.
Very useful sunglasses tray.
Mine has the Recaro seats with green stitching. Only downside is that they aren't heated or cooled.
Cheers
Mike
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Highland Green
1973 E Type Convertible
1963 Triumph TR4
Ex F Type V6S MY2016

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post