Issues with Mp3 and weather status

Anything F-Type related......
Nevulon

Post by Nevulon »

Hi guys,

Let's see who can help me, I have two problems with the Incontrol Touch Pro

The first issue is with the covers of the MP3, I insert a USB where I have Mp3 that has the covers perfectly well placed, I see all the other cars perfectly and on the computer they also look perfectly, but in this Jaguar nothing at all, It shows me a default cover that has nothing to do with the MP3, as seen in the attached image.
If you look at the picture, the song that is playing has an image that is not the one that the Mp3 really has, in some mp3 it takes the photo of the artist that I don't know where to download it from but it does it automatically but it's only a few of us random mp3. The device has the latest update, I don't know what it could be.

And the second issue is that the weather has not updated, well since I bought it I have never been able to see the weather status, it has inserted a SIM card with mobile data and I know it works perfectly because live services such as online radios work ok but weather tells me that it cannot be connected and I get the icon with an arrow that no matter how much you press it does not work. I leave an attached image too.I also enter the city of my country or postal code but it does not connect, it does not matter if I put another city, it does not work either

Thank you in advance for your help ;)

scm

Post by scm »

If you give us details of your car (model, year, etc.) it'll enable us to give more targetted advice.

Regardfing the weather app, I understand the server has been down for some time but I saw a post this morning that it was back and working, maybe try again now?

Regarding the MP3 graphics, I think what you're seeing is what to expect - I don't think the system looks for embedded images. I stand to be corrected on this, of course.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Software version as well would be useful.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
kevc

Post by kevc »

The weather has definitely been down for a while and (for me) is working again as of a couple of days ago.

MP3 images - I feel your pain. I've tried for a year to get it working on a USB or an ipod and it just doesn't work.
Bluefire P450 AWD Dec '21
Nevulon

Post by Nevulon »

kevc wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:56 am The weather has definitely been down for a while and (for me) is working again as of a couple of days ago.
scm wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:40 pm Regardfing the weather app, I understand the server has been down for some time but I saw a post this morning that it was back and working, maybe try again now?
Thanks Kevc / Scm, you were right and it works perfectly for me, what a coincidence, just the day I tried it the server was down, thanks for the info and for the quick response, one less problem.

As can be seen in the picture, weather status is already working, but it is incredible to me that a 2020 multimedia system cannot see the Mp3 covers

Sorry I didn't leave information about my model, I'm a mess, it's a 2020 Jaguar Ftype v6 Chequered Flag Edition

I pass you a couple of screenshots of the Incontrol Touch Pro version

Thank you very much for your answers guys, ;) I did not expect help to come so quickly. The truth is that I'm in love with this car, I think it's so beautiful, I know it's not the best but any mistake is forgiven, for now of course xDDD
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

That is the latest version of the software. (Just wanted to rule that out).
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
kevc

Post by kevc »

Nevulon wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:29 am but it is incredible to me that a 2020 multimedia system cannot see the Mp3 covers
Yep, me too. It would just be the last finishing touch to the (admittedly outdated) infotainment. It would brighten it up a lot and I doubt it's difficult to code for.

The only way you can do it that I've found is with carplay but not everyone wants to plug their phone in every time (I know I'd walk off without it at some point) or you get one of those wifi boxes. Trouble is I find it a lot easier to stack a ton of podcasts on an ipod nano and there's enough for 3-4 months driving on there. Just a shame that it's such a simple thing to add but they haven't or won't.
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

I get the covers displayed in the for most of my mp3s. Not sure based on what though - if it picks up separate files or embedded images in the files.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
basher

Post by basher »

MajorTom wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:51 pm I get the covers displayed in the for most of my mp3s. Not sure based on what though - if it picks up separate files or embedded images in the files.
Same here... most of my music shows the correct covers.

I've exported my iTunes library onto a USB drive.
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
kevc

Post by kevc »

basher wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:41 pm I've exported my iTunes library onto a USB drive.
I've tried exactly that several times. Not a sausage. All just generic images.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post