F Type Parcel Shelf

Anything F-Type related......
Jimmyrn85

Post by Jimmyrn85 »

Haven’t got the car in front of me, can someone please tell me the diameter of the pin, or an ebay link to grommets which will be the right size? :D
2017 R
South East Cornwall

ninetails

Post by ninetails »

Pin diameter 10.5 mm. I fitted 2 rubber grommets (1 on each side) grommet width/thickness 6 mm and hole size 12.5 mm diameter about 4 years ago, worked perfect.
340 coupe auto 2016MY, ammonite/corris grey, red performance heated seats, pano roof, 20" turbine wheels, switchable active exhaust, front & rear parking sensors, rear camera.
Jimmyrn85

Post by Jimmyrn85 »

Thank you!
2017 R
South East Cornwall
jagseven

Post by jagseven »

I have noticed a rattle from the rear when driving that I think is my parcel shelf wobbling. I don’t see any rubber washers/grommets on the mounting pins so assuming this modification could cure the rattle - anyone have a similar issue? (Parcel shelf doesn’t quite fall off its pins but close to falling off it seems!)
Other than the official Jaguar washers is there a B&Q equivalent I could use instead for convenience/ease of picking up?
2019MY F-Type SVR - for fun
2019MY F-Pace SVR - for family duties
TopCat

Post by TopCat »

jagseven wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 7:50 pm I have noticed a rattle from the rear when driving that I think is my parcel shelf wobbling. I don’t see any rubber washers/grommets on the mounting pins so assuming this modification could cure the rattle - anyone have a similar issue? (Parcel shelf doesn’t quite fall off its pins but close to falling off it seems!)
Other than the official Jaguar washers is there a B&Q equivalent I could use instead for convenience/ease of picking up?

I used some rubber tap washers, I think two on each side, needed to make the holes larger to fit.
2017 F Type V6 coupe, storm grey, panoramic roof, 19" wheels
scm

Post by scm »

The Jaguar part number is T2R35506 if you want to try to get some online. Or your dealer should do the fix under warranty if you have one - just quote JTB00618 - parcel shelf loose or adrift
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
jagseven

Post by jagseven »

Thanks both - will try and sort at the weekend
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

I used some electric back box grommets, as I had some anyway. Plus wrapped some self amalgamating tape around the pegs, which makes it really solid.

Does the rattle go when the shelf is removed?
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
jagseven

Post by jagseven »

mickjaguar wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 1:03 pm
Does the rattle go when the shelf is removed?
Good question - I should try that first to confirm source of rattle…
jagseven

Post by jagseven »

At last I’ve got around to removing my parcel shelf to confirm the source of the rattle (I could see my parcel shelf jumping to coincide with noise/rattle) and to my surprise the noise is still there even without the parcel shelf in place.
Could it be the tailgate itself or spoiler making the noise (I did lower the spoiler to see if that made a difference and it didn’t).
Could I be missing a rubber seal around the tailgate? I only ask this because I remember when looking to buy the car there was rubber seal in the boot that the dealer thought was from a land rover but couldn’t explain why it was in a F-type boot.
The noise is quite loud and very much triggered by bumpy roads only - I was sure it was the parcel shelf and was going to be an easy fix….any ideas what to try or look for next?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post