Prescott Hillclimb May 28

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
Kevlcat

Post by Kevlcat »

Hiya,

My son and I are off to the Prescott Historique on Sat 28th May

Has anyone been to Prescott before as this is my first visit.

Facilities such as Toilets? Or Food?
Parking I understand to be on grass

Should we take portable chairs?

Any other tips?

Thanks
MY17, V6S Coupe, Portofino Blue, Pan Roof and slightly naughty exhaust

Cluck

Post by Cluck »

I went there twice, over a decade ago now, but as an 'entrant' rather than spectator. The car club I was a member of hired the venue for the weekend, a few years in a row, so we had exclusive use of the hill climb for the best part of 2 days.

As I remember it, we had to park on the grass at all times other than when we were queued up to go up the hill. I don't recall having any problems with the facilities there, but I honestly can't remember if food or drink was available as our club sorted everybody out in that regard.
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)
kevc

Post by kevc »

I've been several times. It's great.

Parking is usually in one of two places. There's a big field to the left next to the farm (looking at google maps) which can be tricky to get in and out of if there's a lot of dew as it's quite steep and the exit is on a bit of a blind corner but it's ok. Alternatively they'll put you on the grass below the clubhouse. That is quite ridged so take it very slowly or you might lose your chin!

I think there are some toilets in the clubhouse and also portaloos at intervals up the hill. Various food vans, ice creams etc dotted about but mainly on the infield by the clubhouse. Also a few stalls of memorabilia, motoring art etc to look around.

It's pretty steep in places but there's lots of access. You can walk all around the paddock and the infield area and then also on the outside right up to the finish line.

Chairs are up to you. Some people sit on the grass or some of the little bench seats or lean on the fences for a while then move a bit further round. Others pitch up in a spot and stay there most of the day. There probably isn't a huge amount of space to pitch a seat in the last 1/3rd of the course because it's just a path and then quite a steep slope down to the fence in places.

Some pics from the last couple of times I've been
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pumazooma ... 9105291475
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pumazooma ... 8520902325
Bluefire P450 AWD Dec '21
Kevlcat

Post by Kevlcat »

That great info

Thanks
MY17, V6S Coupe, Portofino Blue, Pan Roof and slightly naughty exhaust