Service / transport mode.

Anything F-Type related......
DavidP

Post by DavidP »

Hi,
So i have secure tracker option with the usual wizz and bangs attached.
I travel across to europe fairly frequently and i always get the dreaded "your car may have been nicked" message just before boarding the shuttle or ferry.
First time it happened i rang back prior to leaving UK shores and said no its me with the required proof - no worries or issues.
Second time message arrived on the French side of Le Shuttle and it said "only ring if you are not with the car" - i was so i did not ring - but i noticed that connectivity in the car was lost and also journey details.
When i arrived at my destination i did ring and ask the "why" question - to which i was was informed its best to put your service / transport mode.....
Trouble is i can't remember if it was service or transport mode -
any thoughts?
MY21 P450AWD Coupe BRG

scm

Post by scm »

I think transport mode is what you need when the car is moving but not under its own power. Service mode would probably do, too, but wouldn't raise alarms if someone removed your battery!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Yes, it's transport mode if it's moving without it's own power.
Go into the incontrol app and you can activate transport mode for ferries and trains.
Then disable it later in the same way.
Likewise if that nice Jag assist man has to take your pride and joy away on a low loader.
Stops the calls from the tracking people.
DavidP

Post by DavidP »

Thank you, yes transport mode makes sense.
MY21 P450AWD Coupe BRG
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

A further tip if you're transporting your F-Type on a train or ferry - just single lock the car. This prevents the alarm activating.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
DavidP

Post by DavidP »

Yes NavigatorNI, on the ferry yes indeed. On `le shuttle' as i stayed with the car i didn't lock - did get a heap of messages informing me that the car was unlocked, windows open etc etc......

I am glad to say that transport mode worked,,, thank you all.

Also 2-3 f-types at folkestone, a blue MY18/19 passed me in france with a good turn of speed on, looked like it was being chased by a red belgian reg skoda😂
MY21 P450AWD Coupe BRG

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post