Jag Service Pack pricing vs main dealers pricing

Anything F-Type related......
Slaw10666

Post by Slaw10666 »

I’ve also been looking at a service plan and it looks to save a couple of hundred over 3yrs

IMG_0376.png

IMG_0374.png

munchie

Post by munchie »

And that’s a fixed price too free from inflation.
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Fixed for the whole term chosen, you can use any JLR dealer. If you are happy with a particular dealer what’s not to like. Pity can’t get a similar deal on car insurance.
MY21 P450AWD R Dynamic Coupe, Bluefire
munchie

Post by munchie »

Ive just had a quote back from Hatfields Wakefield for the 3 year 48k mile service which is oil and transfer box oil change at £591 with Jaguar service pack its £374 - still waiting for an equivalent price from the Indy.
CAL

Post by CAL »

I bought a 3 yr service plan off Jag when I purchased my 2020 f-type. The first year was inc in the warranty and since then its been the service plan.

The plan cost £1637.00 inc management fee £45 and vat. The breakdown is as follows...Service 1/ 32,000 miles is £472. Service 2/48,000 miles £407 and service 3/64,000 miles is £712.

The thing is though, I have only put 20,000 miles on the car and yet I have just had the 64,000 service done, there seems to be no taking on board the actual mileage and just what does need doing.

The service invoice says that basically I have had oil and filters changed plus oil final drive changed. The most cost is the oil, Shell Helix Ultra, which was 7 ltr's at £15.99 a ltr. For this service they charged £682 (but on invoice it says a quoted price of £655)??? but I payed £712 up front with the plan.

So is it worth it? Well for the Jag warranty which I extended, I assume it must be serviced by Jag? Can you trust others to service a car like this?
scm

Post by scm »

CAL wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:04 pm The thing is though, I have only put 20,000 miles on the car and yet I have just had the 64,000 service done, there seems to be no taking on board the actual mileage and just what does need doing.
My independent does what's necessary, which is not necessarily what Jaguar assumes given my low mileage. I trust him to keep my car in tip-top condition and not rip me off.
CAL wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:04 pmSo is it worth it? Well for the Jag warranty which I extended, I assume it must be serviced by Jag? Can you trust others to service a car like this?
If you're in the UK, AIUI, so long as your car is serviced at a VAT-registered establishment, it won't have any affect on the warranty. I've had warranty work done which my independent refused to do because I had a warranty. Sometimes it's really hard to get him to take my money!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
munchie

Post by munchie »

The Sheffield Indy came back with the price for the 3rd year 48k mile service

"The price for the Oil, oil filter and transfer box service would come to a total of £320 inc vat" - that includes a courtesy car and record updated digitally with Jaguar - using main dealer parts. The Jag price for that service under service pack is £330.

I'd go with Jaguar but as i said my nearest dealer now is 26 miles and the Indy is 9 - however there is a LR dealership 2 miles from me that will do it under the service pack.

Price below includes 3 years of MOT and the MOT cover for £750 of work that may be needed if it fails the MOT. the price looks very attractive and 0% apr to pay for fixed pricing. I'm not going to choose the MOT cover for me it isnt worth it.

jag.JPG

Tel

Post by Tel »

5 Year service plan purchased back when the car was brand spankers.

Just bought 3 year plan...for such an expensive piece of kit, it just seems a no brainer to keep it stamped with JLR.
It wasn't the cheapest.

All depends on your dealer, due diligence is required!
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
PaulWildsmith

Post by PaulWildsmith »

why is the 4th year service so much more expensive than other years?

And, I've got a quote on service plan (for 4th year about £100 less than dealer quote, but what is the 3+ service?
Married to a F Type owner (P300 2021 model)
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

PaulWildsmith wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:05 pm why is the 4th year service so much more expensive than other years?

And, I've got a quote on service plan (for 4th year about £100 less than dealer quote, but what is the 3+ service?
Alternates between major and minor service, if you look back on thread you’ll see 6th year goes back up. Common with all.
MY21 P450AWD R Dynamic Coupe, Bluefire

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post