History Check Please

Jaguar F-Type Order Forum
Roo

Post by Roo »

VK69 HZG

Bit of an unusual one this. The dealer is telling me its an "engineer car" that was used to demo the new facelift model in the year prior to it being released.

I'm having real issues trying to nail it down for insurance as its bring up the SVR and R versions of the previous shape.

Any extra info appreciated.
MY22 - R Dynamic 450 AWD - Batmobile Black - Dynamic daily, Paddles at the weekend!

davidls

Post by davidls »

Hi,
Is it not a P450 R-Dynamic AWD model?
It is not an R or SVR 🤔
Hope that helps
MY21 F-Type R P575 AWD Coupe. Portofino Blue, panoramic roof, exterior black design pack, climate pack, Meridian surround sound system, privacy glass.
Roo

Post by Roo »

davidls wrote: ↑Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:27 pm Hi,
Is it not a P450 R-Dynamic AWD model?
It is not an R or SVR 🤔
Hope that helps
Yeah it’s the P450 AWD thanks, managed to get it for insurance.

Any other history welcome before I potentially pull the trigger :)
MY22 - R Dynamic 450 AWD - Batmobile Black - Dynamic daily, Paddles at the weekend!
ratbag

Post by ratbag »

Get the chassis number and check (on Jaguar UK website service history) who did the PDi and first service. if it is Paragon Fleet solutions/ Copart Special vehical operations it may have been a press demonstrator, or worse a Fen End Jaguar experience day thrash car. having said that most Jaguar fleet cars started with Oxford reg OV this one is not.........bit of a strange one. Never beleive a dealer when they say it was a "Jaguar management car!" This was a very early facelift car.........
Kev

Post by Kev »

VIN: SAJDA1AE7MCK66975
MY18 V6S AWD P400 Santorini Black
MY16 V6S AWD British Racing Green (Rejected)
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

You can check service history here https://osh.jaguar.com
Yes it was owned and ran by Jaguar v plate cars are Jaguar press related vehicle's typically.. However who had it I cannot find out. Why did it need all new brakes at 12k miles?
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
ZeusHavok

Post by ZeusHavok »

simpleR wrote: ↑Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:19 pm You can check service history here https://osh.jaguar.com
Yes it was owned and ran by Jaguar v plate cars are Jaguar press related vehicle's typically.. However who had it I cannot find out. Why did it need all new brakes at 12k miles?
Ragged on a track more than likely. :D
MY2017 F-Type S AWD Coupe - Firesand Orange / Optioned out to heck and back.
Roo

Post by Roo »

I continue to be blown away by the community on this forum :) Thanks for all the info!

I checked the first service and it was with “Jaguar Cars (Company Vehicles)
Jaguar Executive Fleet”

Not sure if that’s good news, but hopefully not as bad as getting a former “experience day” car.

Just working out whether or not to make the 115mile journey to see it in Wakefield. The price seems decent, but part of me is still concerned that I might get a better 450 AWD in white if I hold out a little longer. Just getting impatient after 8 months of searching and now finally getting serious about it.

41k seems fair, but I’ve seen a few newer ones for 43k with a lot more extras on them… just not my fav colours. Lots to mull over.

Cheers for all the detective work :)
Roo

Post by Roo »

simpleR wrote: ↑Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:19 pm You can check service history here https://osh.jaguar.com

Sorry, just seen this (must have been delayed on my feed) - totally valid point on the Brakes. Very strange, unless it’s been driven hard.

The more I read the more this is looking less like a good deal. Think I’ll keep hunting. Too many unknowns with this one

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post