F Type not downshifting when accelerating

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Webarno

Post by Webarno »

RPSN wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:46 am The issue you’re having could be caused by incorrect transmission fluid level as explained in the attached TOPIx file. Here’s a couple of extracts from it.....

LOW FLUID LEVEL: A low fluid level could result in poor transmission engagement, slipping, or damage. This could also indicate a leak in one of the transmission seals or gaskets.”

“This vehicle is not equipped with a fluid level indicator. An incorrect level may affect the transmission operation and could result in transmission damage.”
Thanks mate, that's interesting.
Again though, I feel as though it would happen a lot more frequently if that were the case.

I'll have the auto transmission oil changed at the next service so will see if that sorts it.
MY15 V6 S Coupe Stratus Grey
Essex

RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Webarno wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:35 pm I'll have the auto transmission oil changed at the next service so will see if that sorts it.
Worth checking for any transmission oil leaks at the same time. If the oil change doesn’t sort it something else to consider is the Transmission Control Module (TCM).

Here's a screenshot from TOPIx....

1.png

2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
Webarno

Post by Webarno »

RPSN wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:01 pm
Webarno wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:35 pm I'll have the auto transmission oil changed at the next service so will see if that sorts it.
Worth checking for any transmission oil leaks at the same time. If the oil change doesn’t sort it something else to consider is the Transmission Control Module (TCM).

Here's a screenshot from TOPIx....
Thanks a lot 😁
MY15 V6 S Coupe Stratus Grey
Essex

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post