40 odd years difference in technology!

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
scm

Post by scm »

Geetee68 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:28 pmI have no idea why but the Z4 is the opposite ...
No idea why? It's a BMW! :lol:
Try attempting to join traffic in a Porsche! :shock:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

Geetee68

Post by Geetee68 »

😂😂😂
P380 AWD Caldera Red 2019 MY
Deleted User 4828

Post by Deleted User 4828 »

LOL yeah :)
Millwheel

Post by Millwheel »

Bought my second TR7 new in 1979 and it cost me £6200 with the extras, custom paint (gold over the Carmine original), sunroof, Ziebart, alarm, Cibie lights, Wolfrace alloys. Loved it to bits and took it all over, had no trouble apart from the second gear synchromesh wearing - the Rover 5 speed was notorious for it. In today’s money that’s about £40k and when you consider the difference in performance and equipment the F-type starts to look good value! Driving was a lot more fun on the road then for sure. Probably had more than one transistor as I fitted electronic ignition (really just a glorified spark booster) and a Pioneer radio cassette. Belting across France to Tangerine Dream remains a powerful memory. Still got TD on the USB stick but more likely to be listening to Bach now. The same girl is in the passenger seat but now she drives the car as much as I do.

uuid=57683E04-4EA1-40EB-8852-0A4190CD8F62&library=1&type=1&mode=1&loc=true&cap=true.jpeg

uuid=A74A26A5-8195-4532-A9F9-F2D000003F2F&library=1&type=1&mode=1&loc=true&cap=true.jpeg

Deleted User 4828

Post by Deleted User 4828 »

Nice colour choice & livery. The Ziebarting of my car was what has saved or preserved it longer. So you still have it? That's great!!

They struggled to last 5 years from new. I did have a full works Grinnall completed on a donor convertible in 1987-88 toured through France in it right down and along the south coast. They were great tourers, really comfortable for two people. What I liked about the TR7 was that you were not stuck up at the windscreen and the driving position was very good. I liked also that the handbrake was behind the gear stick and not on either side as per TVR's in the day. Though I did hanker after a 350i convertible, but it never happened.

Last year I refurbished the back end underneath completely, some rubbers changed for poly but it just needed the flaky underseal to be removed, primed & repainted.

The music was at the time for us Level 42 & Toto!

810.JPEG

Moss

Post by Moss »

Nice one, Millwheel.👍
I stretched to Gordon Lightfoot on 8-track at the time, and was being chauffeured around BC, Grouse Mountain and Vancouver Island in a friendly girl’s TR4A….
I didn’t spend big on music them days. 👯‍♂️
SVR Coupe in Ammonite.
Kev

Post by Kev »

Millwheel wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:37 amBelting across France to Tangerine Dream remains a powerful memory. Still got TD on the USB stick
Tangerine Dream at Boiler Room

Kraftwerk, Jean Michel-Jarre, all pioneers and still sound good today; I'm a lifelong fan of all EDM 8-)
MY18 V6S AWD P400 Santorini Black
MY16 V6S AWD British Racing Green (Rejected)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post