Service in Castle Bromwich - Should this be a concern?

Jaguar F-Type Order Forum
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Don't be too concerned about rust on the surface. Jaguar disks go rust coloured faster than any car I've ever owned. Wash the car on a cold day and they'll have a bloom of rust before you can finish drying it.
I would would be bothered about deep scoring indicating typically hard driving above the ability of the discs and pads to cope, although less likely worn out pads can do it too. Take a look after a short drive and feel the disks (when cold enough) for a big lip on the outer edge, deeper scoring and visibly look at the pads for wear. All strong bargaining points.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

I agree with cj10jeeper. A bargaining point, if nothing else.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
Roo

Post by Roo »

Top tips :) thanks!

This is all super useful for when I finally get to see it.

Actually on that point, is there any sticky guide on this forum for buyers tips - top faults to check for, that kinda thing? I have a browse through some of the posts but couldn’t see a sticky thread.
MY22 - R Dynamic 450 AWD - Batmobile Black - Dynamic daily, Paddles at the weekend!
lledwoc

Post by lledwoc »

Been on the hunt for an F-Type R for a while and agree with some of the 'interesting' cars comment that are coming up for sale.

Whilst I don't have my own F-Type of my own, YET, me and friends have used 'The Out' to rent F-Types for various trips & events.

One is currently listed that we took to Scotland last year, KP22 ECW, that I enjoyed driving for a week, but would for sure not buy! Do these kinds of rental cars show up on the vehicle history? As when they come up for sale they have ~15k miles, but they are 15k HARD miles! Also used KN21 LFX before, again with 'The Out'.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

lledwoc wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:19 am
One is currently listed that we took to Scotland last year, KP22 ECW, that I enjoyed driving for a week. As when they come up for sale they have ~15k miles, but they are 15k HARD miles! Also used KN21 LFX before, again with 'The Out'.
KP22ECW is car 78971. This was provided via C Walton at Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground. It was returned via a BCA Closed JLR auction and purchased by Stratstone Jaguar Service Centre, Tottenham as used approved, serviced and sold.

Edit - https://www.theout.com/post/a-road-trip ... th-norfolk
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Roo wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:29 pm Top tips :) thanks!

This is all super useful for when I finally get to see it.

Actually on that point, is there any sticky guide on this forum for buyers tips - top faults to check for, that kinda thing? I have a browse through some of the posts but couldn’t see a sticky thread.
No sticky thread.
IMHO it's probably not worth it with 11 years of models across 3 main engine derivatives and countless variants across, AWD, diffs. brakes, roadster/coupe, etc. there would be so many different things to consider in broadbrush as to render it confusing and useless for a specific car
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Cheers Scott.

Makes you wonder how many cared for new plate cars there are Used Approved at present!
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post