Keeping things relevant and current

Anything F-Type related......
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Digging up threads if you have new information that solves the original issue is fine but very old threads may well be past their sell-by date.
Resurrecting a 6 year-old thread and posting what members already know isn't in the interests of keeping these forums relevant.
Please start a new thread in the relevant section in the future.
There are currently issues on other forums with "new" members digging up old topics and posting irrelevant stuff just to get their posts up to enable them to send spam Pm's advertising services etc .
Established members should know better than to dig up things that are old and no longer relevant.
Thanks.

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Sensible words and heads up as always Phil, thank you.

…hope the Mustang’s still going well 😎
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Fully agree. I was very active as a modifier on a Z4 forum between 6 & 15 years ago and still regularly get people digging up my long expired threads and posts from that era. Pointless comments usually.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Oh come come, don’t be so hard on yourself - I think you make some very good comments 😂

…that one was for user scm 😉
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I don't think the forum layout helps.

Take this recent topic - viewtopic.php?t=7906

If you scroll to the bottom there is a "you may also be interested" section which lists 5 other topics of interest.

For me it is recommending a topic from March 2023. It would be easy to click on that, and then reply to it without realising the age of it.

It would be better if that section only listed topics from the last 2 months. Add a filter to it.

I presume that is how old and very odd posts are being brought up. But of course looking at the date before posting would be great!
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
stefan9107

Post by stefan9107 »

simpleR wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:50 pm I don't think the forum layout helps.

Take this recent topic - viewtopic.php?t=7906

If you scroll to the bottom there is a "you may also be interested" section which lists 5 other topics of interest.

For me it is recommending a topic from March 2023. It would be easy to click on that, and then reply to it without realising the age of it.

It would be better if that section only listed topics from the last 2 months. Add a filter to it.

I presume that is how old and very odd posts are being brought up. But of course looking at the date before posting would be great!
I suspect there is a large element of people who are googling an issue, going directly to the topic and not noticing the date.
I have to admit the recent one about somehow over-revving an auto (still can't get my head round how that's supposed to be possible with a rev limiter...), I didn't notice the original date and thought it was a new topic.
F-Type R Coupe AWD (MY2016) - Dark Sapphire
scm

Post by scm »

Lunar wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:45 pm …that one was for user scm 😉
Cheek! :lol:

Some of the older threads do have very useful information in them, even if no-one has been on their topic for a while, and resurrecting older threads can save people typing the same stuff all over again. But I agree, check the dates before you start responding!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!