Do you find the F-Type generally noisy?

Anything F-Type related......
davidls

Post by davidls »

Wow! I wouldn’t dare do that in the UK, I do see what you mean. It’s not unreasonable at 70/75. Only briefly been at 100+ on a couple of occasions and was far to excited to notice anything apart from the stupid grinning.
MY21 F-Type R P575 AWD Coupe. Portofino Blue, panoramic roof, exterior black design pack, climate pack, Meridian surround sound system, privacy glass.

scm

Post by scm »

I did (an indicated) 168 mph back in 2014, but that was up the straight mile at Millbrook at an "F-Type Beyond Limits" event. Can't remember how noisy it was - I was too busy hanging on to the steering wheel and watching for the 3/4 mile marker where I had to apply a lot of brake!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
jagseven

Post by jagseven »

68MBC wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:56 pm I love my F-type too, despite the noise :-) . It was just an answer to the OP question. It´s just that I do not hear so much the engine and exhaust noise at higher speeds as I do hear the road and wind noise. Probably I drive it too fast - I´ve clocked 100 mph average speed on my last two hour trip :-), not doable in UK I suppose.
Wow - I guess you must be in Germany. Any car over 100mph gets noisy in my experience. Reminds me of the Jaguar driving day at Fen End when doing 170mph+ was possible!
I also love my F-type despite the noise!
But I think I’d use it more if it was quieter for the “normal” cruising that inevitably makes up most of my driving.
2019MY F-Type SVR - for fun
2019MY F-Pace SVR - for family duties
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

I frequently drive at 100+ mph and sometimes much more than that and have to agree that it gets quite noisy at higher speeds, mainly due to wind noise. It's not unbearably loud but clearly noisier than bigger more insulated cars. You get used to it but notice the difference once you drive something else. The way to my supplying dealer is mostly motorway and a fair bit of derestricted Autobahn so needless to say it goes quite fast. When I've dropped of the F-Type for warranty work I've had Evoques and XEs as loaners and was always a bit surprised by how much quieter they were at high speeds.

So noise wise I'd say the F-Type can get more tiresome than bigger cars on really bad roads or at very high speeds. On good roads and for cruising at legal motorway speeds it's just fine.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post