How long do/did you keep yours

Anything F-Type related......
DriverDawn

Post by DriverDawn »

I was just wondering how long people keep their F-types for typically?

Having glazed over looking at Porsche approved and seen a 5 owner newish 3yrs old iirc 718 for sale it did seem that they burn through owners quite quickly so it got me thinking about the F-Type.

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Coming up to 7 years, in which time I’ve put on over 60k miles - nothing touches an F-Type for value like that and I still smile each time I start up 😎
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

6 years now, 2nd owner, with my 2015 reg R. Nothing else like it. 53,000 miles on it now.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

I think average is not a good indicator of much on these cars. Plenty still going in lease or pcp, which will make them 3-4 years.
Many on here will be longer term as they are the enthusiasts on a forum. I’m 6 years and going nowhere. 2nd on 10 year car iirc
I don’t however see so many of the 5 owner 3 year old like the Porsche you are referencing, but do see lots of 1 or 2 owners from new.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Webarno

Post by Webarno »

I'm the 2nd owner of mine and had it for 18 months so far.
No plans of changing to something else any time soon, that's for sure.
MY15 V6 S Coupe Stratus Grey
Essex
scm

Post by scm »

Each of the 4 Jags I've had was a "keep till I die" purchase, but I got suckered into upgrading to a newer and better one. I can't see anything from jaguar that's better than my F-Type (maybe SVR, but I don't think it's that much of an upgrade and I pretty much know my car's history) , so I'm in it till the end! 6 years so far, and still loving it. :)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
adrianw65

Post by adrianw65 »

1 year to date, but then i switched to the f type after a 25 year run with TVR. Not sure i will still be driving in another 25 years 😉
F type R RWD 2014
Grey Car = Grey Bloke
Derivative

Post by Derivative »

1st one, 2 weeks (**** build quality)
2nd one, didn't even get registered in my name (got the order wrong & **** build quality)
3rd one, almost 7 years, so far.

Between the 1st and 3rd I had a brand new loaner which would have been rejected on build quality if I was keeping it. Had it for 6 months until they delivered No.3
MY2018 R-Dynamic 340 coupe
Kev

Post by Kev »

I’ve been an F-Type owner since July 2023 after having an XF-R for five years and a Mondeo ST for 11(!) years prior to that. They’re weekend cars for me as I spend my working week in my van, and the F-Type will be a long-term keeper for sure as what do you replace it with, and more importantly you can tell people you drive a Jaaaaag…?
MY18 V6S AWD P400 Santorini Black
MY16 V6S AWD British Racing Green (Rejected)
MArtyn Veg

Post by MArtyn Veg »

I’ve had my first dream machine F Type since June 22. Thought I would keep forever but I can feel an increasing upgrade itch 😉
MY21 First Edition 5.0 V8 P450 AWD Coupe, Eiger Grey Metallic
Previous MY18 R Dynamic 3.0 V6 Coupe, Santorini Black, 20” Carbon Blades

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post