Reg check pls

Anything F-Type related......
SMK2024

Post by SMK2024 »

Looking to join the club and spotted this for sale.....got scared off the V6 given sticking injectors and rust from vents letting water in. Does the 4 pot have similar issues or not as badly effected given different vent location and design? Car reg is SV18 XSH if any gurus able to uncover history. Colour not what I would pick normally, Hakuba Silver, but not too shabby looking.

Screenshot_20240227-220027.png

cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

I honestly would not pass over on the V6 based on those issues. Forums always fill up with posts related to such issues so it magnifies the reality. Test drive the V6 and 4 pot and even the V8 as see what you think before you buy.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
scm

Post by scm »

I had a 4-pot loaner when mine was in for some warranty work and while it's a decent enough car (I had it overnight and no-one even noticed the difference, and it was a convertible!), I was glad to get back into a full fat one!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
SMK2024

Post by SMK2024 »

Yep, always had 3.0 twin turbo Jag xf models in past, went with 2.0d xf on last car and aside from noise the pace was fast enough on the aluminium shelled x260 model CF. Steel. I've driven the new model ftype with 2ltr and enjoyed the pace and subtle pops on overrun......no where near v6 noise, but then again weight saving benefit and possible reliabllity improvements with 4pot are appealing.
Kev

Post by Kev »

But there'll always be that day at the traffic lights when you're patiently waiting for them to change, when a V6 or V8 will pull up next to you and you'll glance across to see someone looking rather smug with themselves...

Go for the V6 or V8 if you can afford to. Every forum and garage across the country will be full of vehicles with problems so why let something like that influence your choice?
MY18 V6S AWD P400 Santorini Black
MY16 V6S AWD British Racing Green (Rejected)
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Car 56635 in Indus Silver.
MY19 spec, full Jaguar service history (and itemised, all on time).
2 private owners from new in Scotland.
Looks good.

Tyres appears on last MOT so check that and with any car always worth getting a full check. Car Vertical sponsor the forum for 10% off (or if you follow Mat Armstrong on YouTube then use code MAT for 20% off!).
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
SMK2024

Post by SMK2024 »

Thanks simpleR.so just the colour and # of owners the dealer got wrong in the advert 🙂 you don't have the VIN # do u simpleR?
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Sure. Will send on a private message shortly.

A lot of sellers get the colour wrong because Land Rover and Jaguar used the same paint codes but call them different names. Although Hakuba silver is available on 2022 and onwards Land Rovers.

Number of owners. There is the first owner. And then the second owner who has sold it and the dealer has it on V5C. So it will say 1 owner. As soon as you buy it, it will be say two previous owners as you will be the 3rd.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post