R75 (a bit picture heavy)

Post pictures of your Jaguar FType here!
Jimmyrn85

Post by Jimmyrn85 »

Bloody hell I'm from Urmston originally!

Where did you get it detailed, looks fantastic!
2017 R
South East Cornwall

Lady Eleanore

Post by Lady Eleanore »

I got it detailed in Timperly at Magic Detail. It was done by a chap called Matt Phillpot, who has done a few cars for me. He is a mid-priced Detailer I would say, but one who delivers the finish of a high-cost one. Lots of options available and he and his dad (who helps him in some of his work) are both car nuts. He works on some pretty high-end machines too (Caymen RS, Ferraris etc) as well as more regular things like GR Yaris and M135i BMWs (like the one I had :) )

He was telling me he had to break out some very expensive PPF to wrap the bonnet of the F Type and as a result had to bin his first attempt with regular sized PPF (apparently the plotter and computer mapping said the original stuff would have worked, but he thought it was stretched too thin, so binned it off). He also just had to bin £150 worth of special Porsche spec PPF (it's a Porsche thing) that had an imperfection in it! Porsche approved PPF is thicker than regular PPF I'm told.

I definitely recommend Matt

As for Urmston, I go there for Sainsbury's and a cheeky Greggs if I'm in the mood :D
My real name is Amanda, the username is a reference to my favourite band :)
KN05

Post by KN05 »

Now that is good looking.
V6 Green, wrapped.
Moss

Post by Moss »

Some chap rolled up to the Antiques Roadshow prog airing on tonight’s episode, from Woodhorn Colliery.
He had the Shepherd’s Car Park “top floor level 4 - 5” car park sign, for valuation…

A wee bit odd, but nostalgic. Some clips of Michael Caine and the movie referenced.
The show experts reckoned his blue sign would fetch about £700-£800.

How’s that for useless, totally irrelevant Jaguar information?
SVR Coupe in Ammonite.
Lady Eleanore

Post by Lady Eleanore »

Well, if you want left field 'Get Carter' stuff, I found out that the snooker player, Dominic - The Spaceman - Dale, is a massive Get Carter fan. So much so, that he paid around £4k for the last full shooting script of the movie (signed by much of the cast), possibly the only one in existence and not only is it his favourite movie, but he had a replica of Michael Caine's suit from the movie, made for himself. Very specific material, colour, lining etc etc. He wears the suit for some of his telly work.

I was so inspired by the whole thing, I have gone out and bought the BFI 4K restoration of the film :)
scm

Post by scm »

Lady Eleanore wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:23 pm Well, if you want left field 'Get Carter' stuff, I found out that the snooker player, Dominic - The Spaceman - Dale, is a massive Get Carter fan. So much so, that he paid around £4k for the last full shooting script of the movie (signed by much of the cast), possibly the only one in existence and not only is it his favourite movie, but he had a replica of Michael Caine's suit from the movie, made for himself. Very specific material, colour, lining etc etc. He wears the suit for some of his telly work.
Not a lot of people know that! :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Moss

Post by Moss »

Lady Eleanore wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:23 pm Well, if you want left field 'Get Carter' stuff, I found out that the snooker player, Dominic - The Spaceman - Dale, is a massive Get Carter fan. So much so, that he paid around £4k for the last full shooting script of the movie (signed by much of the cast), possibly the only one in existence and not only is it his favourite movie, but he had a replica of Michael Caine's suit from the movie, made for himself. Very specific material, colour, lining etc etc. He wears the suit for some of his telly work.

I was so inspired by the whole thing, I have gone out and bought the BFI 4K restoration of the film :)
I’ll bet you unearthed those gems of wisdom when you were googling for under bonnet fasteners …clips.... 🤣
The number of different rabbit warrens you find yersell going down - on t’internet - when you’re looking for something completely different is just amazing…
SVR Coupe in Ammonite.
Lady Eleanore

Post by Lady Eleanore »

Funnily enough I got the info first-hand from Mr Dale himself :) Super friendly guy.

Now, about those fuse box clips....
Larrys

Post by Larrys »

Aye canny car that for a Jordie to be driving, mind divvant park that anywhere in the Toon they'll have the wheels off !

If you see an Ultra Blue SVR flashing you on the A19 it'll be me.

Safe driving.

LS .................. A Super Mackem !
kookaburra1457

Post by kookaburra1457 »

Lady Eleanore wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:40 pm
cj10jeeper wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:16 am Beautiful car and great photos
Some a tad over photoshopped, but each to their own as you noted.
Odd you go to all the bother of blanking the reg out then it in full view on one ;)

Edit:
you might want to lock down your Flickr account as all 90+ pages are public
Thanks for the 'heads up' on the number plate, it's not a big deal, but I normally blank the plates on my cars if I post any pictures of them. Probably more of a safety thing with my previous cars (M3 etc) which were a lot more common and much more likely to be nicked (hence cloned plates are of use)

I couldn't resist fiddling with the saturation on a couple of the shots (or was it more?) as I was bored going through all the photos, :D hence there is an annoying leaf which I removed on a couple of the photos :lol:

Some of the shots were taken with a proper camera and a fast lens, so there is a very short depth of field too. The car is now filthy as it's been out in the rain for 2 days and it will never look as nice and shiny ever again :( Oh the joys of living in the North West of England.
Lovely pics, I'm not so far from Urmston myself so I know all about the rain in this part of Britain - almost no point in washing the thing outside May-September but I am a little obsessive with the wash bucket :lol:
2014 Dark Sapphire V6S Coupe with ivory/grey extended leather, sports seats, panoramic roof, 20 inch prop alloys, Meridian surround sound and lighted kick-plates 8-) 8-)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post