sad days are coming

Anything F-Type related......
Hotlurve

Post by Hotlurve »

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... i=89978449

sports and saloons to end production in june😓
Polaris White 380 rdstr, 2013, extnd leather,perf seats, cyclone 20”, Ferrari 458 spider 2015, Bianco avus,carbon pack, carbon seats, front lift, musician, biker,.
Money may not buy you happiness but I’d rather cry in a Jag than a bus. (or a 458)

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Officially the end of the road. Final worldwide production numbers should be around 92,000 F-Types produced.

Surprised there aren't some formal Jaguar communications about electric replacements rather than magazine renders etc.

Look out for dealers wanting to shift new stock (and also older stock that was never sold and is sat in a field which will be older MY but new regs). Currently on new 75 R's there are £5,500 in deposit contributions available if you take finance on PCP at 2.9%. Nothing stopping you doing this, make one payment and ask for a settlement figure (if you have cash available, a better than 2.9% interest deal or just don't like PCP).
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Hotlurve

Post by Hotlurve »

report on the news yesterday said going forward jaguar will only produce suv’s
Polaris White 380 rdstr, 2013, extnd leather,perf seats, cyclone 20”, Ferrari 458 spider 2015, Bianco avus,carbon pack, carbon seats, front lift, musician, biker,.
Money may not buy you happiness but I’d rather cry in a Jag than a bus. (or a 458)
scm

Post by scm »

Hotlurve wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:50 am report on the news yesterday said going forward jaguar will only produce suv’s
Really? I thought they'd said they were leaving such things to LR and concentrating on "proper" cars..
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Hotlurve

Post by Hotlurve »

researching the internet says the rest of 2024…… the news didnt say that !!
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Isn't there rumoured to be an SUV, a large saloon and a four door GT launching sometime 2025 onwards.

Doesn't necessarily mean there's no sports car ever again. Who knows. 🤞
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
kevc

Post by kevc »

SUV only in terms of what they have left in production.
Autocar
The retirement of Jaguar's two saloons and its flagship sports car means the brand's line-up will become SUV-only, with just the I-Pace, E-Pace and F-Pace remaining on sale through 2024.

Jaguar's new era begins in 2025 with the introduction of a 600bhp electric four-seat GT car in the vein of the Porsche Taycan, which is thought to be followed a year later by a Bentley Bentayga-style luxury SUV and then a large luxury saloon. All will share the firm's new – and bespoke – JEA platform, and are entirely unrelated to its current models.
I'm not so sure that's the right market to attack. Yes the margins are big but you have to sell a reasonable number and if you're going to take on the taycan that's not easy. The Merc EQS isn't exactly lighting up the sales charts. And nor is the BMW iX.
Last edited by kevc on Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bluefire P450 AWD Dec '21
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Lost their way years ago with so many resets of market and strategy..

Simply not big enough to compete with German brands in saloons.
No budget to convert current ageing saloons to electric. iPace was good in 2018, but no development leaves it dated and expensive.

Tata is now the largest SUV maker in India and they will have one of Europes largest battery factories open in the UK by 2026. Makes sense to them no doubt to hang on to SUV’s and prepare to reenter markets in 2025 with electric.
I guess the buying public will decide on the future, but looks like to old style business strategy of retreating to higher value greater margin lower volume business. Not sure a high end all electric will do it.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Problem is manufacturers are having to sell an increasing percentage of EVs or get fined, as well as prepare for ICE demise in 10 years time.

We can all now see that that China has grabbed the volume 'green industry' and will be increasingly flooding the market with cheap cars, solar panels, wind turbines (all produced using coal fired power stations, though)!

The only strategy is then to move upmarket, which JLR did successfully with Range/Land Rover and left the utility market for the Mitsubishi and Isuzu crew cabs etc. We forget that this relatively small British player has been punching well above it's weight in the luxury SUV market for decades already.

Personally, I don't think current battery technology is suitable. And the whole life cycle of all this green stuff currently being grabbed at is nonsense. It's a bit like burning your clothes to stay warm....(short term feeling warm and fuzzy, ending in long term regrets over haste and doing something obviously daft).

But if Jaguar launches the CX75 as an EV for £100k.........ooh...err....... where do I sign............ that's my smug principles binned 🤣.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I just don't see a 100k+ 2-seater electric sports car with 550-600bhp selling in big enough numbers to warrant the investment!

Not when you can have a BYD Seal with 530bhp with every option for under £48k and 3 extra seats. Other than looks of course.

Unless it's something special, 1000bhp or 600+ mile range, 2+2, 5yr warranty or similar. With current F-Types over the 10 year period selling on average 750 units worldwide per month I wouldn't be surprised if a new electric model would a tenth of that!
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black