你好 from Hong Kong!

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

Another thought, if you do decide to leave the existing screen in, you should be able to get a later mirror and surround 2nd hand from eBay (or get the windscreen people to fund it), which would fill the gap and cover up the sensor holes.

You might even, with new steering wheel buttons, be able to get a heated screen which works. No guarantees, but a lot of folk have discovered that wiring already exists for options not fitted in the factory.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D

Dabk

Post by Dabk »

Thanks for the good advice NavigatorNI! Will check out the later mirrors - although not too sure whether the heated windscreen is much of a consideration in this end of the world :D
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

Probably not. Hadn't thought of that 😂. Back to my original plan then - persist with original supplier who made the mistake of sourcing the wrong screen. It's up to them to rectify their error.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
Dabk

Post by Dabk »

Hello again!

You find me a month later, with a different F-Type! 😅

Not long after my last post regarding issues with the windscreen, the car went back to the dealer due to an issue regarding outstanding finance (alas HPI checks aren’t a thing here).

However, in the 8 days of ownership - I’d well and truly caught the F-Type bug and this set off a quest to find another. The rarity of these cars here made this difficult, but 1 came to the market that really caught my eye: an Indus Silver 400 Sport (one of just 7 F-type 400 Sports in HK). It was over-budget, but several weeks of negotiations and back-and-forth later, I am now the proud owner of an F-Type once again 🤩

Looking forward to getting back on the bandwagon! Cheers 🍻

3900B023-B01D-435E-B841-F68B8F19F094.jpeg

(Private plate will be put on in due course)
Kev

Post by Kev »

Nice, very nice. Hopefully you won't have any 'issues' with this one
MY18 V6S AWD P400 Santorini Black
MY16 V6S AWD British Racing Green (Rejected)
Dabk

Post by Dabk »

Kev wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:49 am Nice, very nice. Hopefully you won't have any 'issues' with this one
Cheers Kev! Yes fingers crossed its smooth sailing from here 😅