Service Intervals

Anything F-Type related......
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

CSGMART wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:16 pm
Moss wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:00 pm What’s meant by an Arduous Interim Service”?
(Completed by Beadles in March 2019)
I've seen this mentioned a few times and believe it to be when a vehicle is operated in harsh environments (e g. Very dusty or lots of short journeys) causing oil to degrade quicker and filters to become blocked sooner than average.
Live and learn :)
That makes sense, especially with low mileage being possibly driven infrequently and/or short journeys
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

jagseven

Post by jagseven »

I don’t think the service history would put me off given the low miles and the fact the most recent service was done at a main dealer (you’d hope they would have spotted if there were any age related issues).
But as always the condition and price of the car will be key. Easy enough to put new tyres on the car and change the brake fluid if required - just factor that into the price.
2019MY F-Type SVR - for fun
2019MY F-Pace SVR - for family duties
paddy1000111

Post by paddy1000111 »

I had a missing service on mine during covid. Didn't particularly bother me but when I got it I had a full service carried out. It had a service history from Tom Lenthall before my ownership and I when I had the service done they found all the filters were aftermarket ones and the oil was quite dark which was a bit disappointing to say the least (5000 miles between services, now on 27k) Whatever you chose take it to a trustworthy mechanic and get them to do an in depth service regardless of its history so you know where you stand.
2016 V6S, Italian Racing Red, black trim kit. Regularly polished to perfection.
scm

Post by scm »

Moss wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:00 pm What’s meant by an Arduous Interim Service”?
I've seen this mentioned a few times and believe it to be when a vehicle is operated in harsh environments (e g. Very dusty or lots of short journeys) causing oil to degrade quicker and filters to become blocked sooner than average.
Possibly because of the nearly two year gap from the previous service?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
CSGMART

Post by CSGMART »

scm wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:17 pm
Possibly because of the nearly two year gap from the previous service?
I would assume so, yes. Possible the car has been started a few times and not allowed to fully get up to operating temp (which can take 10 miles or more). This would necessitate the requirement for (at least) an oil and filter change.
2018 V6 (380) F Type Convertible
Yulong White / Black Roof / Black Vents
Gyrodyne Wheels
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

Also no mention of rear diff oil change, due at 48 months/64k & 96months. As cj10jeeper has said, the next service with all aux belts is the expensive one. If you like everything else about the car, I'd be looking that done, plus diff oil change, as a condition of purchase.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post