C-Tek battery conditioner

Anything F-Type related......
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Madlil wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:07 pm
MikeM wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:47 pm MXS 5 is the one, you can fit a comfort connector directly in the boot, take a look at this thread for lots of information.

viewtopic.php?t=4459
Every day is a school day - will do this tomorrow, thanks for the info Mike.

Is there enough give in the boot seal to close the boot onto the cable or does everyone leave the boot ajar?
For roadster owners if you fit the included eyelet adapter instead of using the crock clips, then you can thread the connector dust cap through the front rhs slot where the battery carpet cover fits. The connector then remains just below cover ready to connect to. That way you don’t have to look for the connector on the boot floor each time.
Minor tip, but I’ve found. It very convenient without going to the trouble of fitting a full blown connector point and longer lead in the carpet side panel.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

scm

Post by scm »

cj10jeeper wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:57 am For roadster owners if you fit the included eyelet adapter instead of using the crock clips, then you can thread the connector dust cap through the front rhs slot where the battery carpet cover fits. The connector then remains just below cover ready to connect to. That way you don’t have to look for the connector on the boot floor each time.
Same thing can be done for coupe owners, but you thread the connector to the left and up into the battery compartment where it sits patiently alongside the battery. Just remove the cubby and battery covers and you're good to go. I find the battery cover upside down makes a good platform for the CTEK.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
paddy1000111

Post by paddy1000111 »

If you fancy a bit of messing around you can get the ctek battery panel and if it in the boot for an easy quick connect!

20230819_132437.jpg

Last edited by paddy1000111 on Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2016 V6S, Italian Racing Red, black trim kit. Regularly polished to perfection.
Madlil

Post by Madlil »

So I ordered a ctek comfort lead with inline fuse and led battery health indicator which turned up today. Did the install but as mine is a 2019 convertible it’s a bit different to all the pics on the other thread. I struggled to find a ground point so attached the negative to the bolt on the metal battery holding frame and it works perfectly. Does anyone think long term this will be an issue?
2019 F Type Convertible P380 AWD Indus Silver
2023 Tesla Model Y
scm

Post by scm »

Any clean ground point ought to do so you should be okay.
Madlil

Post by Madlil »

scm wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:19 pm Any clean ground point ought to do so you should be okay.
Great thank you. It’s a nice little mod meaning I don’t have to faff around with the croc clips under the bonnet anymore.
2019 F Type Convertible P380 AWD Indus Silver
2023 Tesla Model Y
scm

Post by scm »

Madlil wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:22 pm Great thank you. It’s a nice little mod meaning I don’t have to faff around with the croc clips under the bonnet anymore.
Some people actually attach the connector to the underbonnet terminals and access the socket via the front right wheel arch - just tuck it up out of the way when you're done.
DavidP

Post by DavidP »

I have a couple of MXS10's running in my home garage, one supplies a RR through the permanent live socket in the boot, the other an old timer with direct connection to the battery.
Looking at the very neat setup i'll start think towards changing.
MY21 P450AWD Coupe BRG

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post