How clean is your Fixed Wing Spoiler 😳

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

If you have one take a look at this video, it’s not pretty.

MY21 P450AWD R Dynamic Coupe, Bluefire

Kev

Post by Kev »

I watched that video last night and was quite surprised as to how much mulch had accumulated under there so I guess the blocked drain covers contributed to that. As for the water in the spoiler itself, that'll probably be seeping through the join between the pillar and wing if the bonding has perished or has a pinhole in it. Think I'll have a look under mine later...
MY18 V6S AWD P400 Santorini Black
MY16 V6S AWD British Racing Green (Rejected)
Kev

Post by Kev »

IMG_3018.jpeg

IMG_3017.jpeg

MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Crap….. Looks like taking off the fixed spoiler should be part of a Spring clean regime.
MY21 P450AWD R Dynamic Coupe, Bluefire
scm

Post by scm »

Did you find water in yours, Kev? Seems odd that it can get in but not out again, even if you can manipulate it once it's off the car.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Kev

Post by Kev »

There was water inside it probably amounting to an egg cup full, and looks to ingress where the vertical post meets the upper spoiler as this is where I managed to shake most of it out from. There are a couple of T15 Torx screws which hold things together and these were rusty which had obviously happened from the inside of the spoiler judging by the blackness of the rust/corrosion. I drilled four additional drain holes at the lowest points to see it this helps in the future

No information for torque settings on the four T30 retaining bolts but they undid at less than 6.0NM so did them back up to this

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post