Battery

Anything F-Type related......
Deleted User 3656

Post by Deleted User 3656 »

May have to get a new battery for my 2017 v6 what reset do I have to do if I fit myself
Thanks in advance

daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

I didn't have to do anything on my 2013 when i changed the battery - i just made sure the old one was fully charged before i removed it and the new one was too.

You have to reset the windows once done but thats been covered on here a few times. Oh and don't shut the boot without a battery connected....
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
paddy1000111

Post by paddy1000111 »

On my 2016 I had to have the OBD plugged in and the stop start system reset so it knew it had a new battery. It may learn after if you dont reset it but I'm not sure.

I'd also strongly suggest buying a genuine battery. I know they're expensive but they last. When I asked my independent they said they haven't had a great experience with aftermarket bosch units etc. My old battery lasted 8 years before giving up the ghost, you're paying for lifespan.
2016 V6S, Italian Racing Red, black trim kit. Regularly polished to perfection.
GBH

Post by GBH »

I changed mine last week. I found afterwards that the powered tailgate did not work and the doors would not lock.
Closing the tailgate manually halfway down something clicked. Then everything was working again.
I have a scanner so I did reset the BMS just to make sure.
66 MY 17 Blackberry F Type 340
scm

Post by scm »

If you follow number 27's YouTube channel you can use his 5% discount code at Tayna.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

paddy1000111 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:20 pm On my 2016 I had to have the OBD plugged in and the stop start system reset so it knew it had a new battery. It may learn after if you dont reset it but I'm not sure.

I'd also strongly suggest buying a genuine battery. I know they're expensive but they last. When I asked my independent they said they haven't had a great experience with aftermarket bosch units etc. My old battery lasted 8 years before giving up the ghost, you're paying for lifespan.
A Jaguar OEM battery for the V6 is priced at approx £305 inc VAT and comes with a 2 year warranty. Divide that price by around 8 years (which is what yours lasted) gives very good value in my opinion. Mine is over 8 years old and still going strong!

Here’s some relevant information from TOPIx regarding the Battery Monitoring System (BMS) Control Module Self-Calibration, including the Stop/Start system....

1.png

2.png

2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Personal choice on batteries, but I like Halfords at £234.95 for the AGM019, which is the correct for the V6S (MY14). An impressive 5 year warranty and £70 less than having the Jaguar logo on it.
I've used this range on the F Type, a former Evoque and on one of my Jeeps, with no issues.

https://www.halfords.com/motoring/batte ... 48653.html

Obviously check with your own reg against any of the battery sites to confirm the correct fitment.
Another confirmation too of no need to reset anything aside the windows. I even have Carsoft to do the BMS reset, but don't bother as it sorts itself out after a couple of days and I've never had anything not working during the transition.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
scm

Post by scm »

MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

scm wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:12 pm Tayna is even better ... https://www.tayna.co.uk/car-batteries/varta/a5/
Yes, a good deal and with the 5 year warranty.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post