Insurance gouge - here we go again...

Anything F-Type related......
munchie

Post by munchie »

Derivative wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:21 pm
munchie wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:01 pm Word of warning if you are using comparison sites and have them stored, ie you have an account, and you chop and change job titles these details are accessible to the insurer. They may ask you for proof of your job title on your contract of employment.

I had a quote for a modded car last year as I was thinking about it, this year I was asked to provide photos to my new insurer to demonstrate there were no mod to the car. I asked them where this was coming from and they said they receive all information of car insurance searches I had done on the comparison site.
I use a false name, burner email address, DOB out by a week and postal address down the road for the comparison, then redo with correct details when I've chosen.
You’ve got experience 😀

stefan9107

Post by stefan9107 »

So I don't know if this is public knowledge or not but figured it might be interesting...

I work for an Insurance company (booooo), although we don't do car insurance anymore. During a team meeting today one of the presenters mentioned that the reason we don't do car insurance is that it's a loss leader.
Not sure if it was this financial year or last, but apparently for every £100 the industry took from customers last year, it paid out £113. So the vast majority of insurers are actually just using car insurance to attract new business for their other products.

I guess that helps explain why we are all being f*cked by car insurance at the moment.
F-Type R Coupe AWD (MY2016) - Dark Sapphire

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post