Chassis Control Module

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Moss

Post by Moss »

THREAD UPDATE:
I thought I’d confirm that the issue seems to have been fixed with a simple disconnect/reconnect of the battery negative.

My gratitude to @RPSN for the helpful input and experience, and the useful links posted above. 👍
SVR Coupe in Ammonite.

RPSN

Post by RPSN »

👍 Good to hear. Next time you need to do a battery/system reset it’s much easier to disconnect and reconnect the battery positive terminal instead.

If you find the ‘Adaptive Dynamics’ and ‘Special Modes Unavailable’ fault returns, it’s likely to be one (or more) of the suspension height sensors on its way out. If so, it’s worth getting them checked and a diagnostic should show the fault code/s as mentioned earlier in this topic.
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
Moss

Post by Moss »

Thank you @RPSN

I’m curious - and out of interest - are there any videos or links you’re aware of, for changing the rear height sensor?
I’ve seen info on the front sensors.
Are changeouts straightforward plug-and-play, or do new units need coding?
Every little (bit of knowledge) helps 👍
SVR Coupe in Ammonite.
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

I haven’t yet seen any videos for changing the rear suspension height sensors but there’s probably something out there?

The rear sensors on your SVR AWD are exactly the same as my V6S RWD and they have the same part number (C2P15219) as you can see here... https://parts.jaguarlandroverclassic.co ... nd/jaguar/ The front sensors are different as shown in the same link.

When I fitted the new Jaguar OEM rear left height sensor on my car it didn’t need any coding etc. However, Jaguar do specify the following information....

“Calibration of the suspension system must be carried out if the suspension height sensor is loosened, removed or replaced.”

and....

“Using Jaguar approved diagnostic system, calibrate the suspension ride height.”

I didn’t have this done and there’s been no problem whatsoever so I’m assuming the Integrated Suspension Control Module (ISCM) self-calibrates, similar to what the Battery Monitoring System (BMS) Control Module does as explained here....viewtopic.php?p=80030#p80030

I've attached the TOPIx document for the removal and installation of the rear suspension height sensor.....
F-TYPE (X152) Rear Suspension Height Sensor - Removal and Installation.pdf
(371.51 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
Last edited by RPSN on Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
Moss

Post by Moss »

Thank you, @RPSN
All really helpful - to be forewarned is to be fore armed, as they say.
SVR Coupe in Ammonite.
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

👍

With regards to the Integrated Suspension Control Module (ISCM) that I mentioned in my previous reply, the following information is taken from TOPIx....

OPERATION:
“The ISCM uses a combination of information from other system modules and data from the accelerometers and suspension height sensors to measure the vehicle and suspension states and driver inputs. Using this information, the ISCM applies algorithms to control the shock absorbers for the current driving conditions.”

SYSTEM FAULT MESSAGE:
“If a fault is detected by the ISCM, a message is sent via the high speed CAN (controller area network) to the instrument cluster and the message ‘ADAPTIVE DAMPING FAULT’ is displayed. The ISCM also logs an appropriate DTC (diagnostic trouble code). The ISCM can be interrogated using a Jaguar approved diagnostic system.”
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Some further information worth noting....

Before I unplugged and removed the faulty rear left suspension height sensor on my car last year then fitted a new one, I disconnected the battery positive terminal. This could be the reason why I didn’t need a calibration of the suspension system/ride height as explained here....

Ride Height Sensor - Do I need to calibrate it? https://www.landyzone.co.uk/land-rover/ ... it.152782/

1.png

Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
Moss

Post by Moss »

RPSN wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:54 am Some further information worth noting....

Before I unplugged and removed the faulty rear left suspension height sensor on my car last year then fitted a new one, I disconnected the battery positive terminal. This could be the reason why I didn’t need a calibration of the suspension system/ride height as explained here....
Interesting post, and thank you!

I’m thinking outside of the box here (so I could be completely wrong 🤔 ) - but…..
If the random dashboard messages “Adaptive Dynamics” & “Special Modes Unavailable” were not logging a fault code, the sensors may not be defective and it may simply be that the battery disconnect/reset cleared the fuzzy logic in the system.

Rather like a computer, mobile phone, iPad, etc., when a restart clears all sorts of weird behaviours?

Anyways, happy days - I’ve done several lengthy journeys where the message should have, but hasn’t, appeared. That’s a result for me 👍
SVR Coupe in Ammonite.
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

👍

Hopefully you’re right and the simple battery/system reset has done the trick.

If the “Adaptive Dynamics” and “Special Modes Unavailable” messages do start reappearing on your car’s information panel, at least you have this topic to refer back to if need be.

Happy motoring :)
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views