Found the forum, looking for the car

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Hi again,
I may have found my F-Type ... wont say too much in case it falls through, nice spec on 19's .... if all goes well will post link to pica
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!

ajbh

Post by ajbh »

Exciting times :) good luck!
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Fingers crossed for you getting this F type. I began looking at nearly new ones, until it became apparent than 8-10% discount on new was available, with 0% 50:50 finance on top. The downside is having to wait though.

I've swapped the mouse this week for a field mouse and I think he's been veeery gentle on the accelerator. Filled up on Sunday zero'd the trip and the avg tonight reads 33.5mpg! Although, I nearly ran over the man walking in front carrying the red flag a couple of times......!

It's probably because my journey to work is 40 miles each way of winding A road and there's not much opportunity to overtake, so most of it is at 40 - 60 mph following an HGV or Nissan Ugly or whatever (no offence intended to owners of Nissan Uglies), with only the occasional blast if I get lucky (an unusually bad week for blasting this week) . Of the total journey there's probably only10 minutes each way spent at junctions/in traffic. The other thing I've found is that using Shell dogs twitcher octane gives almost 10% more mpg and more importantly seems to make it a bit more poppy when playing in sport/dynamic mode.

It's nearly the weekend.................yeehah............time to burn off some fuel!
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Tel

Post by Tel »

The other thing I've found is that using Shell dogs twitcher octane gives almost 10% more mpg and more importantly seems to make it a bit more poppy when playing in sport/dynamic mode.

Try Tesco Momentum, it's even better!
I switched from Shell after 6 months and have run the last 6 on Tesco to give it a go. Needless to say, my Shell Club card is now looking a bit tatty on the side cabinet!
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

I'm off to Tescos...........mmm, they do smashin' custard doughnuts as well.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Tel

Post by Tel »

I'm off to Tescos...........mmm, they do smashin' custard doughnuts as well.

Getting those in the filler neck must take ages! LOL
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

The Honda prefers the Tesco diet and according to the rolling road puts out extra ponies compared to the Shell option ... hope to find out that the Jaguar will enjoy a similar diet ...Thumbs Up
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Big smile Deal done, car collected today, off to have the wheels refreshed with colour change in the morning, should pick up again at the weekend .... soooooooooo happy Big smile cant get this big smile off my face!
Who needs a radio with an exhaust note this good ...
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

One thing I do need to sort out is a tracker ... anyone here explored the options (needs to be CAT5) and have any recommendations and a view on costs please?
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

Congrats :) I changed insurer instead, admiralelephant no tracker requirement.ajbh2016-09-27 22:14:37

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post