Steering Wheel Upgrade?

Anything F-Type related......
Gom Jabbar

Post by Gom Jabbar »

Anyone out there had an upgrade for the standard steering wheel to the flag bottomed version? If so any idea of cost and who easy it is to get done. Also can it be done for heated wheel?

Steve
2018 F-Type SVR in Caldera Red with a huge amount of toys yet to be explored!

m_101

Post by m_101 »

You can change to a heated flat bottomed wheel but it needs a part (slip ring maybe?) behind the wheel swapped as well. Not sure how much it would cost though.
16MY V8R, Ammonite Grey with full red leather interior, carbon roof, 770w stereo, few other bits.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

I changed to an SVR wheel. Physically they are a straight swap, but depending upon year and wheel you may need to fit your buttons and loom in the new wheel, which I had to do
There's no provision to add heating if you existing does not have it, but as above you could modify. I've posted elsewhere that I will need to research this more as my car does not have a slip ring that carries 12v heavy cables to the wheel

Cost is whatever you can get a wheel for and if you can find someone to do the work
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Ftypeharv

Post by Ftypeharv »

If any of you work out what part(s) are required to add the slip ring for heated 12v supply could you kindly post info and part numbers. I have a heated steering wheel id like to upgrade to 👍

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post