Campaign SSM74031 X152 Under body brace corrosion

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Lio91

Post by Lio91 »

Hi,
Does anyone have any recent experience of claiming on the brace corrosion issue at Jag dealers. what is their position ? is there still a possibility getting them replaced ?
I have recently bought my car, last may (MY2017), and noticed the transversal brace has slight corrosion evidence. strangely the other ones seem to be fine...
Picture below, what do you think ?

Brace corrosion issue.JPG

V6S Coupé, RWD, MY17, Italian Racing Red, 20" Cyclone black
Lots of pleasure driving... :D :D

Pigsy

Post by Pigsy »

I had no luck from Jaguar Inchape on the warranty. Mine was much worse than that appears to be (my pics on this forum) which is also a 2017 so I wouldn’t worry too much.

I did however get the cross member replaced and treated the remaining bracing for not a lot on money. I will keep an eye out on the rest of the structure and see how the treatment lasts.
Tel

Post by Tel »

Yes, and had all mine replaced with the new double zinc plated versions without any problem at all...and mine weren't showing any sign of corrosion.

IMO Key is to work with the Service manager.
We built up an excellent rapport with the dealer principal and SM over the years and they were first class when it came to service time and warranty, even when it was outside its warranty period.
It's amasing what can be achieved this way.

That said, our XFS from 2014 has rusty underbody braces, and even when it was still under its anti corrosion warranty period, they didn't want to know!
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Lio91

Post by Lio91 »

Hi Tel, good to know as mine is out of corrosion warranty and have planed to check next week with the Jag dealer if the parts can be replaced...
Lio91

Post by Lio91 »

After a visit at the jag delaer, they told me that Jag wil probably not cover the parts replacement as the car is just out of the corrosion warranty (ending last march). However they wil try to see the status on this issue within JLR

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post